PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to use car seats in Disney???

ldc12377
04-22-2007, 09:01 PM
I was just reading another thread about car seats and now I have an odd question. From what I just read, the bus at Disney don't use car seats. My question is...how strict are they on car seats in cars? We will be driving to Disney so we will have our cars. There are 8 of us so if we decide to drive some day instead of using the buses, then we will have to bring both cars. My thought is that if we don't have to have a car seat for the youngest one (DS2) then we might all fit in one car and that would be easier on us. Who monitors that kind of stuff?

disney323
04-22-2007, 09:05 PM
You are correct in that Disney transportation does not have carseats. However, you MUST use a car seat while driving. Please don't endanger your child by not using a carseat. This is just like driving anywhere else in the country....Accidents can happen. So, my 2 cents is that you should use a car seat. Law or no law...and I do believe it's a law! Have fun.

momof3+twins
04-22-2007, 09:07 PM
I have a friend that was pulling out of her street and hit by a car. It was bad enough to put her in the hospital for months.
And my mother's neighbor didn't have their son in a seat. Died

Strmchsr
04-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Who monitors that kind of stuff?

The police. These are still public roads, car seats are required by law, and there are plenty of police around. That said, if your child is tall enough a booster seat might work instead of a full car seat, but that would have to be a pretty tall 2 yr old to fit the seat requirements.