PDA

View Full Version : disney quest

ISLE39
04-22-2007, 03:25 PM
tell me about disney quest. i have never been thought id try it out this time bc i have those extra water parks and fun options to get rid of. i easily get motion sickness so i have to be really careful. tia

Soul_Power
04-22-2007, 04:01 PM
I actually want to know more about this place as well. My boyfriend and I added on the Water Parks and More Option, but we haven't decided whether we're going to stop by Disney Quest or not. My boyfriend looveeesss video games (he's a little kid stuck in a 21-year-old's body), do you think he'd like it there? What age groups do you think Disney Quest appeals to the most?

Pop Centurion
04-22-2007, 04:23 PM
http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/downtowndisney/westside/default.asp#DQ

I'm 35 but have a lot of fun in DQ. There's 5 floors of interactive fun and video games. Cyber Space Mountain is a blast. You go to a touch screen and create your own roller coaster. After that you get in line to ride the one you created. You basicly sit in a pod that spins and tilts according to the track you've created. There's a screen inside the pod that shows the scene ahead just as if you were seeing ahead of you on a real coaster. So much fun you'll want to do it over and over. Some of my other faves are the Virtual Jungle cruise, POTC Battle for Buccaneer Gold, and Buzz Lightyears Astro Blast.

wendy*darling
04-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Five floors of video games and interactive stuff to do, plus places to eat and relax. There are things the whole family can do together, and a lot that the video game addicts will LOVE!

i easily get motion sickness so i have to be really careful. tia
I have a problem with motion sickness too, but I loved the Pirates and Jungle Cruise attractions. I did have a problem on the Aladdin virtual reality thing. I had to take the VR helmet off halfway through- then I was fine. I avoided Cyberspace Mountain.

My boyfriend looveeesss video games (he's a little kid stuck in a 21-year-old's body), do you think he'd like it there?
In a word.... YES!

I am not a video game fan, so I can find about an hour or 2 of things to do, then I'm done. I let the kids stay (they are teens) and DH & I go shopping in DTD.

Epcotfan21
04-22-2007, 05:09 PM
I haven't been to DQ in a while, but I would say that it appeals to young teens and young adults mostly. It's pretty expensive, $36 for admission for adults, I believe. I heard it hasn't been doing well financially and they are going to close it soon and move the ESPNZone at Boardwalk over to Downtown Disney and replace DQ with a bigger/better ESPNZone.

AdventurerKim
04-23-2007, 03:32 PM
DQ is awesome! I too have motion sickness issues, but I love the Pirates! I've never done Aladdin bc of the warnings about motion sickness at that entrance. I didn't like Ride the Comix bc it made me feel sick and just didn't like it anyway with the mask over your whole face. We love the old 80's arcade games and always have fun there. We did a drawing class once which was also fun. The food there is good too. I wish I was there now. :mickey:

poeticeclipse
04-23-2007, 04:03 PM
I don't really care for DQ. I was disappointed because I had always looked forward to going there but it just didn't live up to the spectacle. Too many people running amuck and lots of kids without parents to watch over them. I couldn't find my way either! I needed a tour guide to hold my hand! haha. It just wasn't for me.

hoop de do
04-23-2007, 04:11 PM
When we go, Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for Buccaneer Gold is a MUST. You'll love it.
:pirate: :pirate:

CM~Mserrano
04-25-2007, 04:57 PM
I remember when DQ first opened I enjoyed it much more than in the recent times that I've gone. I probably went around the ages of 12-15, something like that, and had a blast, but now (at 21) I don't really have that much fun anymore.

Still enjoyed some things, namely the PoTC, and the alien encounter attaction. I also thought the mighty ducks pinball game was kind of fun.

When I was a kid though, cyberspace mountain was great, we did that over and over again!

maizey05
04-27-2007, 04:44 PM
I've been to WDW many times, and had never done DQ. DH and I tried it last time. I am a total Disney fanatic, so I had high hopes when I went. I was pretty dissapointed. The lines to the "rides" were super long. I was unable to ride them, as I was pregnant at the time anyway. DH saw dance dance revolution on the map, and we went to find that area. The DDR consisted of one of those video game set ups with the little platform to dance on, not the nice big screen etc. like at Epcot. As I said, I was expecting, sick with the flu and in a wheelchair. I would compliment the CM's on their willingness to accomadate me. However; it was super hard for me to dodge all the hoards of running, screaming kids, with a wheelchair. I sat in line for the cartoon drawing instruction, only to be cut in front of and axed out of a seat for the class. When DH finally met up with me, he wasn't so happy he spent so much time waiting, and was unhappy with the way I was treated.

thrillme
04-27-2007, 05:36 PM
I LOVE Disney Quest and so does my DS. Tons of video games and interactive stuff. I love Slashing through the Comix and blasting away the aliens.

The only really lengthy wait we had was for Buzz Lightyear and sometimes the Cybermountian (roller coaster). The coaster line actually moves pretty well although. Cybermountian. We take turns standing in line while we roam playing some of the OLD games like Joust and Burger Quest.

We go in JULY and sometimes we even hit it on a Saturday. I guess ideally the best time to hit Disney Quest is in GOOD weather. If it's a ****** day outside it can get pretty packed.

We never skip a trip to Quest. We love it.