PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy a bottle of wine at Epcot?

tinktude
04-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy a bottle of wine at Epcot? I am leaving in 3 weeks for a little me time, but I need to bring back a bottle of wine for a friend.

I thought that they sold it at Epcot, but I am not sure.

Rick Blaine
04-22-2007, 03:44 PM
They sell wine in the French area, and maybe in other places.

kathymk616
04-22-2007, 03:44 PM
I know for certain that they are sold in the French pavilion. I don't remember seeing it in the other pavilions, but then again I wasn't looking specifically.

Have fun!

kathymk616
04-22-2007, 03:46 PM
I think Rick Blaine's picture is of the Roadrunner. Appropriate, considering how he beat me to the keyboard by about 30 seconds.;)

Pop Centurion
04-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Italy pavilion too.

mudpuppysmom
04-22-2007, 03:50 PM
They also sell wine in the Germany pavilion, I've brought some home before, but lately with the way the airlines are with carry on stuff I don't and I don't want to try to pack it in my checked bag either......I'm too nervous it'll get broken.

Ian
04-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Just FYI, you can buy a bottle of win from any restaurant in World Showcase that sells wine.

During the Happiest Celebration on Earth, they had this special Buena Vista Chardonnay that was created especially for the celebration.

I thought it would make a great collectable, so I asked the waiter if I could buy a bottle. He said sure, that any of the restaurants would sell you a bottle of any wine they had ... what you do with it after you buy it is your business.

SBETigg
04-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Germany, Italy, France. Pick Germany if they have lighter taste in wine. Some great Rieslings there. Italy or France for heartier wine fans. And they all have tastings, so it is possible you could taste before you buy.

Kristi Kay
04-22-2007, 04:00 PM
I've been thinking about this as well....I've been wanting to start a wine collection and I was thinking that I would like to start it from the FOod and Wine Festivel, but I didn't know if I could buy whole bottles of wine....and I'm also curious if I will be able to buy any for around $12-15 per bottle....I can't fork over big cash for wine, sadly....:mickey:

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-22-2007, 04:06 PM
France, Germany, & Italy all have bottles of Wine for sale. :thumbsup: Italy i know their prices start at $10 & up.

JoDisney
04-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Italy - their most popular is Rosa Regale by Banfi. Women love this wine! I have a bottle of this wine on my wine shelf right now.

wendy*darling
04-22-2007, 06:26 PM
The wine shops in Italy, Germany and France also have wine tasting all year round. Japan has Rice & Plum wines, sake and a tasting area, too.

At any time of the year- you can also get some wines in the resort gift shops. Nothing special, but they all carry beer and wine.

I see you are also going during the Food & Wine Festival for your fall trip.
There is a HUGE wine store set up in Future World during the Festival. Plus there will be places throughout the World Showcase to buy all kinds of wines. (They will not ship wines though :( )

Polynesian Dweller
04-22-2007, 11:34 PM
If you're staying at a resort the gift shop usually has a limited selection of basic white and basic red. Can be hard to find among the beer and liquor supplies.:cheers:

lilmattie13
04-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Will any of the sellers ship right to home or do I need to chance packing it in my checked luggage?

Since the new restrictions it is so difficult to bring wine home when we travel.

I like to buy local wines from where ever we travel and with the restrictions its darn near impossible to get it home.

I recently went to Texas where I purchased 6 bottles of local wine and thought I would be able to ship it via Fed ex and was told NOPE!
This was on a Sunday and I was flying Monday morning. So I packed them all into checked luggage lol Not one broke:blush:

I am hoping someone knows a way of shipping from disney for me:thumbsup:

Spaceship Tigger
04-23-2007, 07:16 AM
We picked up a bottle at Germany last trip. There's a pretty good selection in there. But so far we haven't found much at WDW (beer or wine included) that we couldn't find at a local store near us.

momef3grls
04-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Lots of places to buy wine all good and most around 10-15 dollars. There are more expensive wines available but the low price selection is actually very good. As for shipping I brought back 8 bottles after the F&W fest and not one broke on the flight in checked baggage. I wrapped each bottle in bubble wrap I bought at a local dollar store and took down with me. I also took beach towels and wrapped 2 bottles in each towel. I padded it further with clothes on top and bottom. This worked great and not a drop was spilled. I saw them loading my bag onto the plane and the handler was definately not gentle (kind of launched it onto the belt). I was worried I would have great smelling clothes but it worked.

wendy*darling
04-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Will any of the sellers ship right to home or do I need to chance packing it in my checked luggage?

Sorry- but you are on your own for this one.
And with the restrictions on liquids, now you will definitely have to pack it in your checked baggage.

Someone else said that they really don't have much that you can't find at home- and that's very true. When we went to the F&W Festival, we just wrote down the names of the wines we wanted to get at home (including that Rosa Regale :thumbsup: ) and bought them after our trip at the local wine shop.

threeh
04-23-2007, 01:37 PM
A fellow intercotee told me about the wine in Morrocco in WS. Very very good!! We got a bottle to take back to our hotel with our dinner.

Happy planning!!!:wine:

JohnnyJayhawk
04-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Germany, Italy, France. Pick Germany if they have lighter taste in wine. Some great Rieslings there.

Absolutely right! We've been into rieslings lately and there are a couple of really good ones in Germany.

As far as packing wines, they'll make it if you pad them well. I brought back four bottles of tequila from Cancun last year in my checked luggage without a problem. Just pack them like momef3grls describes and you'll be fine. Just to be on the safe side, I also packed the bottles in some of those huge ziploc bags (which we always pack) after wrapping them with clothing.

Jacova
04-23-2007, 02:18 PM
The wine shops in Italy, Germany and France also have wine tasting all year round. Japan has Rice & Plum wines, sake and a tasting area, too.

Are these wine tastings free or do they charge a few dollars? Just curious...

JohnnyJayhawk
04-24-2007, 04:27 PM
They're usually a couple of bucks per glass, depending on which you want to try,

McGoofy
04-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Here's one that hasn't been mentioned yet...Canada has a wine cellar, and they will sell bottles to you.

Anybody familiar with that wonderful Inniskillin ice wine that they sell at the food and wine festival? DH and I wanted a bottle of that after we got home last year. We checked on line and due to state regulations, Canada cannot ship the Inniskillin to the state of South Carolina. (However, there were some states that it could be shipped to.) Anyhow, despite the fact that they wouldn't even ship it where I live, the icewine itself was $86 for 375ml. on the official Inniskillin website. In February we went back to WDW and checked at Canada to see if they sold it. They do not sell it in the gift shop, but we were told that you can purchase bottles of wine at Le Cellier. The server told us that you can't purchase the Inniskillin off the menu by the glass, but for $60 you could buy a bottle--the same 375ml bottle that was $86 on line. I know that is expensive, but that wine is absolutely fabulous. It was even chilled when the server brought it to us!:wine: