PDA

View Full Version : Change my plans?

disneynarula
04-22-2007, 03:18 PM
We are all booked for our Sep trip. Now I am wondering if we should delay and go in January.

I want to take advantage of the free dining because DH is cheap and would never get to eat a TS every day

but...

I am concerned about the heat and the bugs. It is also hurricance season.

We are going the last week of free dining. If there is a hurricane and we can not get down there will we be able to move our dates and still get our dining?

Did I make a mistake by jumping on the free dining bandwagon instead of sticking with our January plans?

Strmchsr
04-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Either time will be fine. If you don't like hot weather, September is a bad choice. And the free dining discount is a good one, but you can get room/package discounts at other times of the year that are pretty much as good. The word "free" gets a lot of attention, but you also pay rack rate for the room. However, every season has its pluses and minuses. January is less crowded, but often a couple of the "big" rides are down for refurb.

As for what happens if there is a hurricane, read this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=102557) for a discussion on that very topic. I've also posted Disney's hurricane policy within that thread.

MOJoe
04-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Each time has its own advantages and disadvantages.
September Ups:
Warm temps for swimming
Free Dining
Longer park hours
It's Sooner!
September Downs:
Warm Temps for bugs and sweat
Chance of a Hurricane

January Ups:
Cool temps
Small crowds
January Downs:
Too cool to swim
Shorter park hours
Fewer attractions & parades

I'm sure i missed a few things, but you get the idea. The best time to go depends on what you most want to do.

disneynarula
04-24-2007, 04:53 PM
I think I might wait a few months and see if there are any more room discounts for the winter. The free dining really hooked me but if there are some decent discounts in the cooler months it might save the same amount of money.

I don't care about the later park hours and things like that. Our kids are really young so we probably won't be out so late anyway.

glenpreece
04-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Since you mentioned that you have kids I'd say go in Jan over Sept. Yes the free dining is great but with kids I think the lighter crowds and cooler temps will make for a more relaxed fun time at WDW. There's nothing worse than listening to overheated tires kids being dragged around the parks. Either way be sure to take an afternoon break.