PDA

View Full Version : Opinions - CB vs. WL?

disneyluva
04-22-2007, 09:12 AM
We've stayed at monorail hotels the past 3 trips (Contemporary once, GF twice)- my husband likes the ease of it. However, if I want to go in Feb. I need to cut costs. Here are my options -
1. CB with a rental car - we really don't have much patience for the busses, so at this resort a car is a must.

2. WL - the boat to MK and Contemporary are appealing.

Is it worth the extra $ to stay at WL? I've worked it out it will be about $150 more than CB (don't forget the rental car).
Is CB a good resort?

Travelling w/ DH, DD 6, DS 4

Help!

Thanks!

kathiep
04-22-2007, 09:30 AM
I stayed at CB last year and was satisfied.

However, given your choices, I would have to choose the WL.

As you said, you don't need rent a car, although I probably still would. (I don't like being without transportation.) But, even without it, you can easily take the boat and then pick up the monorail to go most places.

You have better on-site dining options at WL. The restaturant at CB was Ok - wouldn't eat there again.

The atmosphere at WL is terrific. My kids enjoyed CB but they loved the look and design of WL.

princessimagineer
04-22-2007, 09:33 AM
ive never stayed at the WL but the boat is a realy great ammenity, i think it even goes to the Contemporary wich is good cuz then u can get on the monorail and go to EPCOT

i have stayed at CB and i loved it there. what with the nice long walking path, but we didnt rent a car cuz we had our own. we did make good use of our car though if i remember correctly.

richardsa98
04-22-2007, 09:39 AM
We loved the Wilderness Lodge. The boat transportation was GREAT! We never waited for a boat for more than 5 minutes and the only times we took a bus over the course of 10 days was 6 times:
1.) Going from MCO to WL
2.) Going to Downtown Disney
3.) MGM
4.) Animal Kingdom
5.) Downtown Disney
6.) Going from WL to MCO

Otherwise, the boat brought us to either MK or to Contemporary where we could take a monorail or connecting boat....
Great, relaxing, and never a wait:number1: