PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful World of Disney

imaprincess!
04-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Okay you 30 and 40 somethings -- remember when the Wonderful World of Disney came on Sunday nights when you were little?

Did you have a "Sunday night routine" so you could be ready to watch the show?

I always had to come in early from playing so I could get my bath. Then my mom would make a snack, put it on a special snack tray and bring it into the living room so we could watch the show! :cloud9:

GAN
04-22-2007, 09:37 AM
I do remember it very well -not so much a routine though. I wish they would replay episodes on Disney Channel.

SBETigg
04-22-2007, 10:56 AM
It made for a great Sunday night routine, plenty of time to settle down to a calm family activity before bed and Monday morning back to school. I remember when we only had three channels and I was the remote control, getting up to change channels and adjust the TV dial so the show would come in just right.

We didn't get cable until I was twelve- actually, my dad had it installed as a surprise to come home to while I was on my first WDW trip with my mom and grandparents.

d_m_n_n
04-22-2007, 02:02 PM
It made for a great Sunday night routine, plenty of time to settle down to a calm family activity before bed and Monday morning back to school. I remember when we only had three channels and I was the remote control, getting up to change channels and adjust the TV dial so the show would come in just right.

Hey, Sherri, I guess we were lucky! We had 4 whopping channels and my dad would lay close enough to the tv he could just reach his arm out to change the channel! VCR didn't come until I was probably 14 and sadly, they (my parents) only invested in directv about 10 years ago!

Back on topic...Actually, Sunday nights are one of my most vivid memories of childhood. During the winter, we would roast hot dogs in the fireplace and then make a big (grocery) bag full of popcorn to watch the show. Some nights my grandparents would come over as well. What a simple, wonderful way to spend time together as a family...:cloud9:

murphy1
04-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Yes, loved it. Half the time we were lucky enough we had just been to Disney World the day before (I grew up near it) and we could then watch the show. It reminds me of how we loved Wizard of Oz too and you had to wait for it to come on TV, not a DVD or video!! LOL