PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wilderness ? and Electric Jeeps

Butchiem1
04-22-2007, 08:02 AM
Well, Im on my way to planning my Boys Trip in June to WDW (my DSs are 8 & 10) :mickey: .

I posted this in the accomidations section, but somerone suggested I post it here, so here goes:

I have a couple of questions that I hope you guys/gals can help me with.

First of all, i heard that the transportation at FW isn't so great, Going from the cabin to an internal bus and then to a park bus or boat. I read it can be a mile walk :confused: , is this true? I was thinking of renting a jeep for our 5 night stay, has anyone used these jeeps and how far in advance do I need to rent one?

Also, The usual question of, what loop or cabin number would be the best to request?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Nathan

ibrowse17
04-22-2007, 10:39 AM
Not sure what you mean by "jeep". You can not use cars for transportation within FW. Once you get used to it, the buses are not that bad. If you are talking about the electric carts, then I would say rent one. They do make things more easy and fun. They rent for $45 or so a day, but do call ahead and reserve one. The carts rent quickly so if your going to rent one, call now. Have a great trip:thumbsup:

faline
04-22-2007, 11:07 AM
If you wish to rent a jeep and drive to the parks, you may do so. It won't do you much good as transportation around Fort Wilderness as there are no places to park except at your cabin and in a central parking lot where you check in.

As noted, golf carts are available for rental and can be used for transportation around the campground. If you want one of these, reserve as soon as possible. They do run out.

Butchiem1
04-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Yes, I meant the electric carts.

And the problem is that me and my 2 DSs are lousy walkers, we hate walking. Its funny, that people who LOVE WDW hate walking.....LOL

AuntLaura
04-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Not sure if you are camping or staying in the cabins. The cabins and campsites are in Loops and there is a bus stop near the entrance of every loop, so no, you don't have to walk a mile to get to the bus. The buses come by every 20 minutes or so. It is one mile as the crow flies from the Outpost (registration) to the Settlement, which is where you catch the boat to the MK. The cabin loops and campsite loops are located between the Outpost and the Settlement, so it is a pretty big resort. If you don't like walking, and if you can afford it, then by all means, rent a golf cart. They are very convenient. Or if driving and you can, bring bikes along.

Butchiem1
04-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Yes, we will be staying in a cabin.

My next question is: is there a website devoted to the FW (not Disney run)?

faline
04-24-2007, 05:38 AM
Links to other sites are not allowed on Intercot. Responders can sent you a private message with this type of information or you can try a google or other search engine search.

Butchiem1
04-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Sorry, I didnt realize that, then maybe someone can PM me a web site.