PDA

View Full Version : confused again

crltkcagle
04-22-2007, 04:32 AM
okay i pretty much got this dining plan thing figured out. except for one thing. if we do a character lunch at chef mickey that takes away two dinners per person? I thought as long as it was on the dinner package list then it was okay to make reservations there. i had plans to go to chef mickey, crystal palace, ohana, coral reef, and hollywood vine and dine. is this right or i am booking too many sit down meals? we are going sept 10-15th. i promise i am going to get this right.:confused:

mrsgaribaldi
04-22-2007, 06:13 AM
:welcome: to Intercot.:mickey:

Some places cost 2 credits per person, that's my understanding anyway;)

alpro2
04-22-2007, 06:32 AM
Only Signture Dining uses 2 credits, and Chef Mickey is not a Signiture meal. You will be there for 5 nights, and your list does not include any SIgniture Dining so you are ok. You can find the details and the complete list here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningplan/default.asp).

BethieTink
04-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Chef Mickey's is only 1 TS credit. I would just double check one thing though. Chef Mickey's is not normally open for lunch, breakfast and dinner only. It may be open when you go, because of the Free Dining, but I don't think that anything has been announced yet regarding that.

Figment!
04-22-2007, 01:03 PM
if we do a character lunch at chef mickey that takes away two dinners per person? Chef Mickey's only requires one Table Service Credit per person to dine there on the Disney Dining Plan.

However

Chef Mickey's does not offer a lunch buffet.

From Walt Disney World Dining Guide (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningguide/default.asp)
Chef Mickey's Restaurant
Meals: Breakfast & Dinner
Hours: Breakfast 7:00 am - 11:30am, Dinner 5:00 pm – 9:30 pm
Type: Buffet Service
Price Range: Meals Under $28
Advanced Dining Reservations: Yes
Cuisine: American Fare
Description: This open air café offers a Magical dining experience with the monorail gliding by overhead and Chef Mickey greeting you table side.
Last year, during the "Free Dining Promotion" period, Chef Mickey's did open for a special Lunch Buffet. However, there is no guarantee it will be done this year and so far it has not been announced nor opened for reservation.

i had plans to go to chef mickey, crystal palace, ohana, coral reef, and hollywood vine and dine. The location you list all require 1 Table Service Credit per person. The only ones that require 2 Table Service credits per person can be found under the "Signature" heading on the "Magic Your Way" Dining Plan Restaurants (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/mywdiningplan.asp) List.

wendy*darling
04-22-2007, 03:41 PM
You'll be there for 5 nights and you have chosen 5 Table Service meals- you're fine in that regard.
None of them require 2 TS credits (as you have already read).
And Chef Mickey's does not have lunch hours- so maybe plan that for a breakfast or dinner. Or you might be able to still get an 11:00 or 11:30am sitting and treat it as "brunch."

In any case- I would call right away. July is only 3 months from now. People have been making their dining reservations since January for July. So be flexible with days and times- then plan the rest around what you can get.

maryt01
04-23-2007, 07:08 PM
call disney dining and they can send you a phamplet with all rules and rest.