PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Cruise

BugeyedMuggy
04-21-2007, 05:35 PM
I've read there is a pirate cruise from GF and one from CBR:pirate: . I would like to hear from people who have tried either. I have a 7 year old nephew who would love to try it:joy: . I would love to hear from people who have actually sent there little ones out on the adventure.

As Always - Thanks in advance for any help.:rocks:

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Christine
04-21-2007, 07:37 PM
My daughter did the GF pirate cruise January 2006...she was 6 years old. They met that morning, donned their pirate hats and life jackets, and after everyone's registration was complete, they headed off on a boat to the Poly beach. They hunted for treasure, had lunch, and got little goodie bags when they returned. She didn't give me really good specifics, as you know a six year old just says, "it was good" or "it was fun". But here is a photo of the pirates disembarking their ship!

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2204110630085605958ybxRdL

BugeyedMuggy
04-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the description of what the cruise includes. I read it was a story telling trip. It's great to hear they do a treasure hunt!

Has anyone done the Pirate cruise from Caribbean Beach Resort?

KEYONNAH
04-22-2007, 09:42 AM
My niece and nephew went last summer during our trip. They loved it

wifey5794
04-23-2007, 08:57 AM
How early can you book the cruise? Is it the same as a restaurant ADR?

BugeyedMuggy
04-25-2007, 05:52 PM
How early can you book the cruise? Is it the same as a restaurant ADR?

Call (407) WDW-DINE up to 90 Days in advance. They fill up quick so call 90 days prior @7am ET

DisneyGiant
04-25-2007, 11:28 PM
What are the age recommendations for this? My nephews are 10 and 6. Would the 10 year old find it silly?

mrs.jacksparrow
04-25-2007, 11:53 PM
I booked the trip for Oct already. the one I chose was from the YBC on the albattrosse
my son is 5 I hoep he likes it!

faline
04-26-2007, 05:43 AM
What are the age recommendations for this? My nephews are 10 and 6. Would the 10 year old find it silly?

They accept children between the ages of 4-10. Whether your 10 year old will enjoy it or not is hard to say - I think it would depend upon the kid.

More information here. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/specactivities.asp)

KylesMom
04-26-2007, 10:36 AM
DS has done two of the three cruises-the GF at ages 6 & 7, and the BC/YC at age 8. They cruised around the World Showcase looking for clues at YC/BC, while the GF went to various resorts around Bay Lake to collect their booty. DS enjoyed himself immensely each time.

While at the GF Pirate Cruise, DH and I monorailed it over to MK for a few of our favorites, and while DS was sailing away at YC/BC we walked to Epcot via Int'l Gateway for a leisurely visit to Future World (and some extensive shopping at MouseGears!).

As for the question, "Would the 10-year old find it silly?" I think that depends both on how "old" the 10 year old is, and the ages of the kids on the cruise. DS last year was 8, and was the second oldest partaking in the activities at YC/BC. However, when he was 7, I believe he was the oldest on the GF cruise. Either way, we've always found the money to be well-spent, and DS really enjoyed getting out with other kids for awhile.:mickey:

DisneyGiant
04-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the feedback! I'll see if the boys want to do it......

mrs.jacksparrow
04-29-2007, 12:10 AM
DS has done two of the three cruises-the GF at ages 6 & 7, and the BC/YC at age 8. They cruised around the World Showcase looking for clues at YC/BC, while the GF went to various resorts around Bay Lake to collect their booty. DS enjoyed himself immensely each time.

While at the GF Pirate Cruise, DH and I monorailed it over to MK for a few of our favorites, and while DS was sailing away at YC/BC we walked to Epcot via Int'l Gateway for a leisurely visit to Future World (and some extensive shopping at MouseGears!).

As for the question, "Would the 10-year old find it silly?" I think that depends both on how "old" the 10 year old is, and the ages of the kids on the cruise. DS last year was 8, and was the second oldest partaking in the activities at YC/BC. However, when he was 7, I believe he was the oldest on the GF cruise. Either way, we've always found the money to be well-spent, and DS really enjoyed getting out with other kids for awhile.:mickey:

Hey Kyles Mom...a few questions about the BC/YC trip. What is near there to do while he is out there my sister and I will have the free time. What time did you drop him off? How many kids? Was it sold out??

My son is set to go in oct.

KylesMom
04-30-2007, 10:20 AM
mrsjacksparrow:
We arrived at the BC/YC parking lot just after nine, and walked through the Yacht Club lobby to get to the marina. Disney CMs began arriving at approximately 9:15, and I believe DS and his pirate cohorts departed around 9:30. Once they left shore, DH and I promptly walked from the marina over to Epcot via the International Gateway, jumped over to Future World (World Showcase was not yet open), grabbed a few fast passes for Test Track and then just leisurely walked around, soaking in the ambiance that is Disney together. We also had some PhotoPass pics taken with just DH and I. We spent quite a bit of time checking out various shops in WS, including a fun shopping spree in Mousegears, and then made our way back to the Marina once again via the International Gateway for an 11:30 pickup. Note that your pirate may be VERY thirsty when they arrive back from their cruise, so I recommend grabbing a beverage to go at the gift shop at the gateway. It took us less than ten minutes to walk back to the Marina to pick up our Pirate. There were approximately 10 kids, with the youngest being 4 and the oldest being 9. Not sure if it was sold out or not. Out of the three that DS has participated in, this was the smallest group and the boat was smaller than at the GF, so it's possible they arrange the Albatross Cruise with a smaller group in mind. DS really got a kick out of foraging around World Showcase while it was closed to find the clues to the hidden treasure. After he returned, we went back to Epcot for a few hours since it was so convenient. I'm sure that if you didn't want to go into a park, you could have a nice leisurely breakfast at any number of the hotels that border Epcot. I'm sure your son will have a delightful time!:mickey:

mrs.jacksparrow
05-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks so much for that information. I hadn't realized we would be so close to Epcot and that will change my plans with my sister. :mickey: that will be a great sister time in the park w/o DS. :thumbsup:

DisnIse
05-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Our three DSs are doing this in July. Our oldest did the Seven Seas Lagoon one in 2003, and he loved it. He cannot wait, and he is 8 years old. The twins are turning four, and they're going to go crazy...

And personally, I can't wait to have some time to stroll EPCOT with DH. Hm! I wonder what time they start serving margaritas in Mexico :marg: ?