PDA

View Full Version : SSR questions

Efrank
04-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Few more questions about SSR
1. I assume they are but thought I'd double check, are the in-room safes bolted to the floor or wall?
2. Do you guys bring your own laundry detergent? If so, where did you find single load packages? (I read a post from someone staying at a disney resort saying that mousekeeping left them laundry detergent every day, is that a benefit or a special service?)
3. Will we have the same mousekeeper each day at SSR? (we paid direct to disney, not renting anyone's points :) ) Just wondering for tipping reasons.

3 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mickey:

FiggyFan
04-21-2007, 02:16 PM
We never bring laundry detergent with us - we fly, and I would hate to see that get loose in my luggage. Each DVC resort has a shared laundry room (the studios don't have their own machines) with a vending machine. Single load boxes of detergent cost $1.

Tinkermom
04-21-2007, 03:12 PM
I am a DVC member so I am not sure if mousekeeping will leave detergent for you every day. I doubt they will but you never know. We do usually bring our own detergent. I found single load bottles of liquid detergent (ALL brand I think) at Wal-Mart in the travel size section. I just packed them in ziploc bags like I do all of our toiletries.

Since we are DVC I cannot answer about if you will have the same mousekeeper. As DVC members we do not get daily mousekeeping.:( Hopefully someone will be along that can help you with that question.

Usually the safes are in the wall in the master bedroom closet.

Have a fabulous trip!:mickey:

Hammer
04-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Since you have booked your stay at Saratoga Springs through WDW Reservations, not using DVC points, it is treated like a regular hotel room in regards to housekeeping. You are entitled to daily housekeeping. I would think the housekeeper could change depending on the day, just like the regular WDW hotels.

dumbo ears
04-21-2007, 05:33 PM
i cant exactly remember exactly about your questions but i can tell you one thing. SSR is a great resort, we loved it, the rooms are so nice and spacious and the pools are good too. Also it is very close to DTD.

princessjojo
04-21-2007, 05:58 PM
There are a couple places online where you can but daily items like detergent and shampoos in travel sizes strictly. I purchasesd these a year or so ago when we were going. Everything is in travel and individual sizes from detergent to food items. Things you wouldn't usually find in your local market in these sizes.

Maleficent's Dad
04-21-2007, 09:10 PM
1. I assume they are but thought I'd double check, are the in-room safes bolted to the floor or wall?
Bolted in the closets

2. Do you guys bring your own laundry detergent? If so, where did you find single load packages? (I read a post from someone staying at a disney resort saying that mousekeeping left them laundry detergent every day, is that a benefit or a special service?)
Single load packets are available in the laundry rooms at the resort for $1. And since you're paying cash, if you're staying at a 1BR or larger, I believe that Mousekeeping will indeed leave you a new detergent daily as it does with all other amenities (shampoo, soaps, etc).

3. Will we have the same mousekeeper each day at SSR? (we paid direct to disney, not renting anyone's points :) ) Just wondering for tipping
Yes you will.
If you were using DVC points (yours or rented) you would have DVC towel service on day 4. Since you're paying, you get it daily.

Have a great trip! :mickey:

GreenBeetle
04-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Since you have booked your stay at Saratoga Springs through WDW Reservations, not using DVC points, it is treated like a regular hotel room in regards to housekeeping. You are entitled to daily housekeeping.

Does anyone get the reasoning behind this? I am a DVC member and I just don't get it. :confused: Why do I need to pay extra for daily housekeeping when I already pay for membership? I just don't get the 4 day rule. :(

Maybe I should start a separate thread for this question - since it has bugged me for some time. ;)