PDA

View Full Version : Advice please on stores

disney323
04-21-2007, 01:48 PM
Our 18 mo. old ds has a milk protein allergy (can't have any food products with milk proteins.) He is newly diagnosed and we are still learning what foods he can and can't have. We are going to Disney May 10-14 and would like to know which grocery store would be able to accommodate our needs. We are in need of soy yogurts, tofutti cheeses, etc. I can't seem to find them on the stores website. These are usually sold at natural food stores. Any thoughts or ideas? Garden grocer has yet to answer my phone call or email :confused:
Thanks in advance.

wdw_bound
04-21-2007, 04:22 PM
I'd try Publix supermarket. We have one here in SC (they are FL based) and I buy a TON of natural/organic foods, including soy and tofu products. Can't remember the exact location of a Publix at WDW, but know there are several close by. Try their website - it has a store locator.

disney323
04-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks so much. I'll check them out.

disneynarula
04-22-2007, 02:47 PM
I would call some of the stores directly to find out what products they carry. Our DS was just diagnosed with milk (and egg) allergies as well and I would want to make sure that he was going to have what he needed.

Whole Foods has a store in Winter Park.

On a side note....

I read at the Divvies (they make dairy free bakery products) website that the WDW bakeries carry their products. Their products are really good. I have never had dairy free products as good as these and it would be nice for your DS to be able to have a treat at WDW.

I would also call ahead to the places where you plan to eat and talk to someone at least 48 hours in advance.

WDW is supposed to be great for kids with food allergies.

Good Luck!!!

Good Luck!!

disney323
04-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Thank You Disneynarula! I've never heard of Divvies. I will definitley check out the website. I am glad whole foods is there too.
Thanks!