PDA

View Full Version : Animals at AKL villas???

mrsHerbie53
04-21-2007, 01:03 PM
I apologize upfront for the stupidness of this question :blush: ... but I keep wondering about it!!

The images of the new AKL villas show a giraffe "right outside" the sliding doors. How close are they really and how do people go to sleep with all of the animals that close???

I know Disney makes things look different than they are and wouldn't be risky with guests. But how separate are they, really???
I think I have watched too many movies!

Thanks!

JPL
04-21-2007, 01:13 PM
There will most likely be a buffer zone like they currently have at the AKL. The animals are close but not too close to cause danger to people or the animals.

Ed
04-21-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm sure they'll have it set up like the existing lodge savannahs. There is about a 30 foot buffer between the buildings and the area that the animals can roam. If you look closely at the existing savannahs, you'll see a row of fan-shaped wires sticking up from the ground; the "arms" of those fans carry an electric charge that gives the animals a sharp but harmless jolt if they touch them. Our tour guide assured us that the animals very quickly learn not to get near them.

The animals are on the savannahs 22 hours a day - they spend two hours every day inside, being examined, groomed, etc.

We slept with our balcony door open; the animals are very considerate neighbors. We didn't hear them at all, but they were definitely roaming around out there!

Fortgoofy97
04-27-2007, 11:53 AM
We had friends stay at AKL and they have loved it!! They said theywoke up in the morning, opened the curtains and a giraffe was look in their room. The giraffe was a distance away but the head was right at romm level. As stated earlier there is a buffer that the animals are kept from the rooms, and if I remember from a visit there, there is also a fence. I personally cannot wait to stay there. Visit the AKL and you'll want to stay as well!! :thumbsup: