PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive Vegetarian Food???

disneyfanforever
04-21-2007, 12:21 PM
:mickey: I'm soo excited for our first trip to WDW this August. I've been to DL many times, but i was wondering about the food options in WDW. My family is vegetarian and we are frugal. Any good suggestions on inexpensive veggie food? Thanks!:blush:

ElenitaB
04-21-2007, 09:26 PM
One place I can suggest would be the Tangierine Café in Epcot. They have a vegetarian platter with hummus, tabbouleh and the best couscous I've ever had. While I've never had this particular choice there, the other entrees I've had there are HUGE and could easily serve two.

Another counter service restaurant at Epcot with some interesting veg entrees is Sunshine Seasons, which is found in the Land pavillion.

Over at MGM Studios, the ABC Commissary offers a vegetable lo mein stir fry and a tabbouleh wrap sandwich. Starring Rolls has a grilled veggie pita. The Backlot Express (one of our favorite counter service places at WDW) has a grilled veggie sandwich that's served with a black bean salad.

At Animal Kingdom, I've had a very nice fruit plate (with yogurt) at Flametree BBQ. They also have a vegetable sandwich at Tusker House (another counter service favorite).

At the Magic Kingdom, you can find a "vegetarian sandwich," veggie burgers (with a great fixings bar) and vegetable soup at Cosmic Ray's; veggie burgers at Pecos Bill's; and antipasto salad (without meat) at Pinocchio Village Haus.

And while there's lots of discussion about the authenticity and quality of pizza at WDW, you can find cheese pizza at AK, MGM and MK (we don't mind the pizza at all). And, last but not least, you can find PB&J sandwiches on the kid's menu at several counter service restaurants (they're those round ones you can find in the freezer section).

One last observation: nothing at WDW comes inexpensively. Most of the alternatives mentioned above start at $4.99 or $5.99.

Beast_fanatic
04-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Sunshine Seasons (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/epcot/sunshineseasons.asp) in the The Land in Epcot has some reasonably priced vegetarian options. As does the Tangierine Cafe (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/epcot/tangierinecafe.asp) in the Morrocco pavillion.

There's a vegetable sandwich available at the Tusker House (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/animalkingdom/tuskerhouse.asp) in the Animal Kingdom.

Hopefully someone with firsthand experience will be along soon.

kathymk616
04-21-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm a vegetarian, and I have only gone to WDW with carnivores...and I agree with the previous poster who said that it's hard to find "inexpensive" food in WDW. As you probably have also experienced out in the "real" world, vegetarian meals/entrees tend to cost a little less than those with meat...and the same is true in WDW for the most part. Also, I have never had trouble ordering a vegetarian meal at any of the restaurants. Even if something wasn't on the menu, the chef would prepare something. But the only way to truly eat inexpensively in WDW is to bring some food of your own that you buy as groceries.

Good luck and have fun!:mickey:

Pop Centurion
04-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Not sure if your family eats cheese or not but Earl of Sandwich in DTD has this.
The Caprese
sliced mozzarella, roma tomatoes, fresh basic and drizzled virgin olive oil

They also have a Vegetarian wrap. Also Earl of Sandwich is pretty cheap.

WDW also will accommodate for special dietary needs. If you're making ADR's or have already just let them know as well as telling your server.

wendy*darling
04-22-2007, 05:58 PM
In addition to the above suggestions, at MK the Columbia Harbor has a vegetarian chili ($4.49) that my DH really likes, a "Lighthouse Sandwich" (hummus, tomato & broccoli slaw- $6.49) and a garden salad (with or without chicken) ($6.99).

Remember that just about every CS location has a salad- and you can always order them without meat.

And ask at every TS restaurant- the chef will be glad to prepare or at least point you in the direction of foods you will enjoy.

disneyfanforever
04-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks guys! I can't wait to go and try all of the yummy food you suggested : )