PDA

View Full Version : Southwest or Air Tran?

glenpreece
04-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Ok having never flown out of anywheer in the US I am wondering who to fly with. Right nwo we can get a deal on a non stop with Air Tran from Rochester or should I wait for the Southwest to be released from Buffalo? I've only flown Air Canada (awful), Sky Service (good) and WestJet (good). I want to try to getsomething as cheap as possible of course but I don't want to change planes etc.
What should I do?

Donald
04-21-2007, 01:32 PM
I've used Air Tran many times and have always had good luck with them.:mickey:

gueli
04-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Flying always creates such wonderful perrils !
My wife is a white knuckle flyer, and never wants to change planes (not that anyone can blame her) changing planes can be quite the hassel. I tend to think most airlines give you about the same level of service, some have perks that others do not. A friend of mine is an aviation buff (not that I profess to having his knowledge) and has said that most airlines are good. Southwest has the bigger reputation, and will commonly overbook popular flights. Then they will ask for volunteers to wait for another, not overbooked flight & compinsate the passenger (with some type of free airfare) for delaying their flight. Personaly, I like JetBlue (even with their much publicized problems in January & February). Jetblue has the TV's in the back of the seats, their planes are new (they have only bought new planes since their inception) and their flight attendants tend be older, more experienced, professionals.
Good luck on your choices, I hope you have a inexpensive & pleasant flight.
:mickey:

readytogo2
04-21-2007, 02:17 PM
we have used air tran past 2 trips from indy with no problems.

glenpreece
04-21-2007, 05:01 PM
well I managed to get a deal on a flight with air tran out of buffalo, we even get to leave a day earlier!! yay!!!

DisneyDudet
04-23-2007, 01:49 AM
Good!

I used Air Tran once and LOVED it. We're going to use them again. Not only were they nearly 300 bucks cheaper, but they have great planes, nice attendants, and free satellite radio w/ free headphones!!

BigRedDad
04-23-2007, 04:51 AM
There is nothing wrong with Air Tran, or any other carrier for that matter. Air Tran is the old Value Jet. They changed names so people don't remember the problem they had many years back.

I prefer Southwest, but would have no issue with AirTran if they had a lower fare.

DVC2004
04-23-2007, 08:37 AM
I've used Airtran on several occassions. They were cheap, on time, and had assigned seats and free xm radio. They were pretty good and I'd use them again. Southwest I've only flown once and I dislike the open seating. Otherwise they were OK. They would be my last choice because of the seating.

glenpreece
04-23-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks everyone I am feeling so much better about flying AirTran now!!!