PDA

View Full Version : Going in June..too hot?

Belle's Mom
04-21-2007, 09:27 AM
We will be at the World from June 8-15. We are trying to beat the heat by following a touring plan for crowded times, taking breaks and (something we've never done) taking a day off from the parks in the middle of the stay and going to a water park. Is there anything else we should try? BTW, here are our ADRs:
Le Cellier for lunch
Whispering Canyon for lunch
'Ohana dinner
H&V character b'fast
Rainforest Cafe dinner (DTD)

Whaddaya think?:D

Strmchsr
04-21-2007, 11:11 AM
Your plan sounds solid. Just remember to drink lots of water and wear sunscreen with a high SPF.

MsMin
04-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Your plans look great. I think June gets warm-- not the hottest but it's relative. The heat that rises off the pavement makes everything steamy-- especially after a summer shower.

luvdiznee
04-21-2007, 11:47 AM
As far as the heat it depends on what you are used to. When we went in April, a couple years ago, I almost died (or felt like I wanted to). But seeing where you are located seems you can probably take it a bit more. Drink plenty of water and find the shade! :mickey:

cuul1
04-21-2007, 12:50 PM
One thing I like to do on extremely hot days at Disney is to be sure and wait in queues that are air conditioned plus the ride. It kinda takes a load off for a while. It's much better than waiting out in the heat like some attraction at Disney.

playdead88
04-21-2007, 02:19 PM
yeah sounds like your plans will beat the heat - we went the week leading into memorial day the last two years and it was warm but not the miserable skin melting kinda warm so hopefully the heat wont be a big deal - im sure you'll have a wonderful time! :mickey:

faline
04-21-2007, 03:45 PM
When it's really hot at Disney, we like to tour in the morning and end with a late lunch in an air conditioned, table service restaurant. Following that, we will typically return to our resort for some pool time. Refreshed and relaxed, we'll return to the parks in the very late afternoon or early evening for more park touring!