PDA

View Full Version : Religious Services

PirateLover
04-21-2007, 12:35 AM
I was wondering where people go for Catholic services while at WDW, and how they get there.
I see that Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine is listed first here on Intercot. Is this a good church? Is it close by? What would be the best method of getting there?

We will be on vacation during Ascension Thursday as well as a regular Sunday and my parents would very much like to attend both masses. They were wondering whether it would just be cheaper to rent a car. What do you suggest?

PeterPan
04-21-2007, 12:51 AM
My daughter is a Cast Member, and she hears good things about this church, altho she is not Catholic. It is literally right AT WDW - probably a 10 minute drive at the most. It is across the highway from Downtown Disney. If you are staying in the village, it would be a 5 minute drive. You could almost walk it.

MsMin
04-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine is on the service road off I-4 before you get to the outlet mall. It is a huge church. I think it would be a tough walk and through a very high traffic area (under I-4)
8300 Vineland Avenue
407-239-6600
Directions: The shrine is located 2 1/2 miles northeast of Lake Buena Vista on the I-4 frontage road. Traveling south on SR 535 from Hotel Plaza Boulevard/Crossroads, drive to second traffic signal, turn left (Vineland Avenue) and continue approximately 1 mile.