PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Park Music

MrPeetrie
04-21-2007, 12:33 AM
After searching the web, I've found some wonderful WDW sounds. Now, I'm not talking about soundtracks from movies, even thougn they are wonderful. I'm talking songs strictly from the parks.

Sure, I've bought the Resort CDs, but I've recently found some hidden treasures on the net. So I got to thinking: which park has the best music? Which park makes the best playlist? Here's some examples of what I'm talking about:

Magic Kingdom: Of course, there's Main Street Music. How about little treasures like Adventureland Tiki Drums? Or, Space Mountain Tunnel Music. The song "Right Down the Middle of Main Street, U.S.A." "Grim Grinning Ghosts."

Epcot: Great parade and fireworks music. But also, Spaceship Earth Entrance Medley. "Soarin'" is beautiful. Off Kilter and Mo' Rockin' music rock, as well.

Disney-MGM: I love Sunset Blvd. Area Loop and Fantasmic music, but not much else there. Especially with Hunchback gone.

Animal Kingdom: I've recently found this to be my favorite music park. I love Flame Tree Area Loop music. Also, Tree of Life Area Loop, and Pizzafari Area Loop music.

So, when making a CD, allowing me to take my virtual trip back to Disney and thus making the endless span between trips seem a little shorter, I rate the parks musically like this:

1.) Animal Kingdom
2.) Magic Kindgom
3.) Epcot
4.) Disney-MGM

How about you?

:mickey:

EPCOTExplorer
04-21-2007, 10:28 AM
I love Disney Park music!

My favorite has got to be "We Go On" from IllumiNations.I even have it on my iPod!:blush:

dumbo ears
04-21-2007, 11:45 AM
i like the music you hear when you enter epcot. it is like the future music and its the music on the walt disney world website for epcot main page.

jacknsally02
04-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Love the music they play in the french pavillion!

tomorrowschild
04-21-2007, 12:37 PM
At the MK I like the Tommorland Loops (any of them), I also like the background music as you are entering the park (that plays alot of the ride music).
At EPCOT I like the new 2006 entrance music- that includes the theme from Soarin. I also very much like the BGM from Ellen's.
At MGM I love the Sunset Boulavard BGM playing all the old 40's music. I also like the BGM that plays infront of the Great Movie Ride with the themes from many movies.
At AK I love the BGM they play at Flame Tree.
Not a park- the BGM by the pools at the Poly.:mickey:

cuul1
04-21-2007, 12:52 PM
I love the music that plays when you first enter Epcot. They play a Medley of all of the attractions within the park. It gets me pumped up and reminds me of what attractions to ride :D

DizneyFreak2002
04-21-2007, 01:00 PM
I really like the music from Fantasmic... I listen to just the instrumental version of it every day.... Also, the music from Illuminations is awesome... I like Tomorrow's Child from Spaceship Earth, A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow from COP, and One Little Spark from Imagination (the original version is much better).... There is so much great Disney music from the parks, I cannot name them all...

Marilyn Michetti
04-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Some of the recorded African music that is played at the end of the Safari. I'm still trying to find The Lord's Prayer in Swahili (sp?), but the guide said some of the music was taken from JABULA, The Joyful Spirit of Southern Africa, available in the gift shops. It's neat.

My other favorite would be the music at the fountain in Future World. It keeps changing, but it's always great. :cloud9:

Bear Lee
04-21-2007, 04:20 PM
my favorite would be the soft music that plays in the Canada garden at Epcot. Sounds alot like Mozart and really is wonderful when combined with the beautiful garden area.

pook@wdw
04-21-2007, 04:38 PM
As far as attractions go...Soarin, Space Mountain tunnel, American Adventure, FW intro, Splash Mountain, and MOST CERTAINLY...RRC!:coaster: But my all-time fave is the music to the original "Main Steet Electrical Parade". I get chills whenever I hear just the intro!!:joy:

PirateLover
04-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Disney-MGM: I love Sunset Blvd. Area Loop and Fantasmic music, but not much else there. Especially with Hunchback gone.

Really? I like a lot of music from the Studios. I like the Sunset Blvd. loop, the loop from the Great Movie Ride are, the Tower of Terror queue loop, all the music from the Muppets area and the Commisary loop which is full of TV Themes.

As far as ranking goes, I really can't do it! I like the different parks for different things. For pure Disney fun, you cannot beat MK. But when I just need music to play in the background I love Epcot. The World Showcase music is great and I still listen to the music from Wonders of Life. I listen to AK music when I am looking for a certain ambience. I used music from there once when I did a presentation on the 7 wonders of the ancient world. And I've already said what I love about MGM! Disney is definitely tops when it comes to choosing park music.

dolphinmickey9170
04-21-2007, 07:49 PM
I love everything, everywhere. I am a true freak......My laptop is always on the internet radio stations. I just can't get enough..........:cloud9:

MrPeetrie
04-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Some of the recorded African music that is played at the end of the Safari. I'm still trying to find The Lord's Prayer in Swahili (sp?),...

I think the song played on Kilimanjaro's Safari is called Hapa Duniani. Hope that helps.

:thumbsup:

Jared
04-21-2007, 08:41 PM
I really like the area music all around Future World. The Epcot loops are catchy, fun and fit the mood of the park.

:)

DisneyJunkie
04-22-2007, 08:49 AM
I have files of the express monorail loop, the monorail to/from EPCOT, the entire Spaceship Earth ride, Soarin', Tomorrowland Transit Authority, and both songs played inside Space Mountain. If it were possible,I'm sure I'd be wearing these files out from overplaying them, but I can't help it.

I've also found in the past several years that the music on the official Walt Disney World site, the little jingle that plays when you first pull up the site, has been pretty catchy. But I'm disappointed with the one on there now, I don't care for it as much as some of the older ones.

Bill George
04-22-2007, 09:08 AM

My favorite has got to be "We Go On" from IllumiNations.I even have it on my iPod!:blush:

I love this song as well, but I think I like "The Promise" from the same CD even better. I think it's beautiful and tells a wonderful story of two people becoming one.

Animal Kingdom and Animal Kingdom Lodge have my ultimate favorite music on property. :mickey:

darthmacho
04-22-2007, 10:31 AM
I like all of the WDW area music, so long as it is themed well. In other words, I don't think "Hooray for Hollywood" would inspire me too much if I never heard it while walking through the turnstile at MGM.

My favorites are, Wilderness Lodge lobby, PoC theme song, HM theme song, and of course, CoP.

Also, can't discount the Mariachi Cobre in Mexico, and the Tapstry of Nations parade was a favorite too. Can't help but love that repetitious parade music! :drum:

tron80
04-22-2007, 11:20 AM
I'll admit that I have the Epcot Future World music loop. Just hearing it gets you pumped for the day.

LudwigVonDrake
04-22-2007, 11:24 AM
I love it all :smickey:

Imakejessicarabbitjelous
04-22-2007, 11:45 AM
i have every song from the disney parks on my ipod!:thumbsup:

lightyearfan
04-22-2007, 12:43 PM
me and dw love the music thats played at epcot the best. we love the fact that when your walking around to get to your next attraction, there is this nice music that's being piped in. if we had to rate the parks for music it would be:

1. Epcot
2. Animal Kingdom
3. Magic Kingdom
4. Mgm

VIctor

threeh
04-23-2007, 01:48 PM
I love it all :smickey:

Well said!!!!
:thumbsup:

starrmomof2
04-23-2007, 06:23 PM
I love the music from Animal Kingdom and the Wilderness Lodge. I was able to find some downloads on another site, but they have been removed. I wish I had more when I was there as it seems all the CD's I see for purchase on the 'net from various sources feature music from DL instead of WDW. Does anyone know where you can purchase the WDW music other than calling the park directly?

thejens
04-23-2007, 07:23 PM
I have never listened to the music outside of the park and I am a little afraid it might ruin it for me. Does it not take a little magic away to listen to it on the way to work? On the other hand our trip is just 32!!!! days away and I sure wish I could listen to some now!!!! I am so excited I think I am going to burst. How do you get the Disney music on line??

Donald A
04-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Baroque Hoedown from the Electric Light Parade!

MrPeetrie
04-23-2007, 10:00 PM
How do you get the Disney music on line??

If you go to Subsonic Radio (www.subsonicradio.com) you can definitely fill your Disney music void there. (Just no downloading!)

Donald Duck 224
04-23-2007, 10:04 PM
I got a CD for Xmas with all the songs from the park and transfered them to my Ipod!

Gator
04-24-2007, 01:44 AM
Anything by the Liberty Voices has got to be the best sound in any park. If that doesn't count as "music" per se, then I gotta go with "We Go On."

RAIDER
04-24-2007, 07:40 AM

YEP thats my favourite as well also i like " PROMISE " :thumbsup:

MickeysDad
04-24-2007, 08:56 AM
I always loved the music in Future World as you're just getting to the park.

4ubie1
04-24-2007, 09:11 AM
I simply like the fact that you have your own theme song wherever you walk. :D Personal favorites of mine include the entrance ramp to Space Mt. and Spaceship Earth, the queue music for PotC and ToT, and the different music for the different countries in Epcot. No where else can you go where you have music to walk to. :walk: It really is quite unique.:thumbsup:

Mickey91
04-24-2007, 09:15 AM
I have to agree. Main Street Electrical Parade is by far my fave. I also enjoy "When You Wish Upon a Star" instrumental, COP, and Main Street tunes. The entrance music to EPCOT, Soarin, and Illuminations and the Jungle Music at AK. I also like "Hooray for Hollywood" at MGM. So I guess I would rate the parks according to music:
1. MK
2. EPCOT
3. AK
4. MGM

Skippy
04-24-2007, 09:18 AM
I really like the music from Fantasmic... I listen to just the instrumental version of it every day....

Woo-hoo I'm not alone in this.

I like the entrance loop to the MK, and will listen to fantasmic at least a couple times a week.

TIdoubleGR
04-24-2007, 11:52 AM
OOoooh man, I am a total geek when it comes to park music. Thanks to a friend that got me hooked, I've never looked back. Some of my favorites:

*Innoventions Area Loop
*Reflections of Earth
*Tapestry of Nations
*Soarin' score
*SSE score
*AK Oasis loop
*Space Mnt; both themes
*Spectromagic
*Adventureland drums loop
*Tomorrowland loop
*International Gateway loop
*We Go On
*ToT queue loop
*Rock 'n Rollercoaster tracks
*AKL lobby music
*Poly lanai music

and more and more... Can't get enough! :cloud9: If I had to rank the parks, I'd say---

1)Epcot
2)MK
3)AK
4)MGM