PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic dinner package worth it?

mickclub1955
04-20-2007, 11:37 PM
We have never done this and we are just wondering if it is worth it? What restaurant do you suggest for the money?:confused:

Natazu
04-21-2007, 01:14 AM
I don't think the dinner package is that great. The seating is sub-par and you still have to show up at the theatre like 45 minutes early anyway, plus eat dinner before dark thereby missing park time.

If you need to do the package, Mama Melrose is a great choice on the dining plan. It is a good value and the food is fine. Brown Derby is a much better restaurant (by far) but isn't really expensive enough to make it worth using 2 TS credits. So, Brown Derby is the best choice for those not on the Dining Plan or saving Dining Plan credits for other Signature Restaurants. Hollywood & Vine is just a buffet - not bad, but just another buffet.
Here's a recent thread with more info: Click Me! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=97018)

jacknsally02
04-21-2007, 11:33 AM
we thought it was worth it, the food is pretty good at all restaurants on the package and you have to eat right? Going in to, and the seating for fantasmic is okay but what was great was getting out of there easily. you leave at your own exit, you get to the transportation first and you avoid the bedlam getting out with the masses. My mom got slammed into by one of those rascals, motorized chairs, getting out in the crowd the first time we went, so I liked it when we had the packagae. plus, yes you have to line up early but you should see how early you have to line up at the reg entrance. Good luck and have fun!

dolphinmickey9170
04-21-2007, 09:43 PM
I will not watch Fantasmic without it. The first year we went, we were stuck at the Standing room only section. My kids (7 and 9) at the time, weren't tall enough to see anything. We have always done Hollywood and Vine. It is a buffet, but it is good food. Lots of comfort food all in one place. We are going to try Mama's this time, I hope it is good. But truly worth it. I don't mind sitting and waiting. You get to hear music, have entertainment from some family whose kids are hilarious, buy light up toys etc. We honestly love it this way. Will never do it without it.

Disney_Barbie
04-23-2007, 09:13 AM
We say it was worth it 100%!!! We ate at Mama Melrose, and were shocked by the amount of food we were served, when we were leaving the resturant we looked over a menu and realized that if we had just come in and orderd everything we got we would have paid much more (I forget now, but I think it was about $10- $15 each more) And after gettting the bargin on the food, we got the reserved seating for Fantasmic!
As others have mentioned, you still need to get ther 45 or so mins early for the show, and the seats (though very close) are off to the right side of the stage. But the money we saved on dinner was definantly worth it!