PDA

View Full Version : Grocery lists

tundramom
04-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Right after joining DVC I saw a shopping list from a grocer who delivers to WDW, now I have no idea how to find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction. We won't be doing big meals, primarily breakfast supplies, drinks, coffee, etc. Flying in, using DME so no stop option, Thanks!

Piglet822
04-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Try Garden Grocer (http://www.gardengrocer.com/).
They are a sponsor of this site and many of our members have used them and have had nothing but good things to say about the service.

CleveRocks
04-20-2007, 07:40 PM
I've used Gooding's (www.goodings.com) twice and was completely satisfied each time.

I've talked with the owner of Garden Grocer and he impresses me as a very hard-working, smart, and conscientious guy. The only reason I didn't try him out this last time is because he was "sold out" for my arrival day, and he decided to not overtax his staff and risk lower quality service in exchange for making some money off of my order. Very cool.:cool:

TheMartellFamily
04-20-2007, 07:55 PM
We have shopped at Goodings and felt that it was way over priced to use them again. Garden grocer has so much more to choose from that it seems that the prices are much more affordable because of that. Of course this is just my opinion.

tundramom
04-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks!! The Garden Grocer site is the one I remember!

CleveRocks
04-20-2007, 10:34 PM
We have shopped at Goodings and felt that it was way over priced to use them again. Garden grocer has so much more to choose from that it seems that the prices are much more affordable because of that. Of course this is just my opinion.Gooding's is expensive, no question about it. As far as selection, Gooding's website lists only a fraction of what's available. Gooding's is an actual supermarket, and they will deliver anything they stock on their shelves.** Garden Grocer is a stand-alone delivery service that shops at a supermarket for you.

**Gooding's won't deliver alcohol, but Garden Grocer will.

Mousefever
04-22-2007, 03:31 AM
We tried Garden Grocer this past January. They delivered on January 1st and the food was with bell services by the time we checked in. Our only problem was getting bell services to bring it up to the room. We were very satisfied with our service.

:dory:

Maleficent's Dad
04-22-2007, 01:23 PM
DVC also has limited groceries available that you can order ahead of time. They are a little more expensive, but there is no "minimum." We've used the service numerous times for snacks and breakfast items.

The grocery lists vary (slightly) by resort and are available right on the DVC website. You print them out at home and fax them to your resort a few days ahead of time.

It's not the BEST option, but they do a nice job for some basic necesitties - and depending on when you check in, the groceries will already be in your room with milk (etc.) in your fridge for you. :mickey: