PDA

View Full Version : "One Little Spark"...

BedknobsandBroomsticks
04-20-2007, 03:13 PM
O.K. so this probably a dumb thread but little things like this will drive me crazy till I know the answer. I have a CD from the Happiest Celebration On Earth, it is all songs from the parks and rides. I hadn't listened to it in a while but I came across it and put in the car for the kids and I to listen to. It gets us even more psyched for our upcoming Oct. trip. They love "One Little Spark" from JII. As I listened to it, I got to wondering who the voice of Figment was. I am pretty good at voices and it really really sounds to me like it's Billy Barty. Does anyone know for sure who the voice of Figment is? Mr. Barty is a hollywood actor, I think he passed away but he definitely was alive when JII opened. Just curious if anybody knew.

WEDTOPIA
04-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Yes ,Billy Barty did the original voice of Figment !

:mickey:

WDW_Obsessed
04-20-2007, 03:49 PM
I am curious as to where you got such a great CD? I have been looking for music to the rides...:mickey:

TheMartellFamily
04-20-2007, 03:51 PM
I am prettty sure he has passed away a few years ago.

kakn7294
04-20-2007, 03:54 PM
I am curious as to where you got such a great CD? I have been looking for music to the rides...:mickey:
We have the same CD. It came from WDW and is a 2 disc set. I think it sells for $25 - 30.

Kristi Kay
04-20-2007, 04:33 PM
I have this CD and it is FANTASTIC! If your not going to be at the parks, I think you can get it on amazon.com:mickey:

Goofeygal
04-20-2007, 04:44 PM
I have the cd as well and I listen to it all the time.:mickey:

thejens
04-20-2007, 08:47 PM
not that I think the original question was dumb, but last year was my first time at the World and i am mad I didn't get anything with the annual theme on it. Can anyone confirm that last year was the Happiest Celebration on Earth? Maybe this CD would be a great souvenir? This year I may have heard something about a new theme, something about a million dreams.;)

LudwigVonDrake
04-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Billy Barty passed away in 2000. He was a very talented and funny man.

Disney Maniac
04-21-2007, 06:26 PM

You can get the Cd on Walmart.com, it might not have all the songs on it like the one you can buy in the parks but it's still almost the same thing. If anyone can't find it I'd be happy to post the link!!:mickey: Walmart.com also as many other Cds with Theme Park songs on them.

Ian
04-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Just a friendly reminder that if you click through to Amazon from the link at the left ... yes that one over there ... no up a little bit ... yes, yes that one ... INTERCOT gets a cut of the sale.

Seems like a win/win to me ... you get great Disney movie and you get to help the greatest Disney site on the 'Net stay in business.

Correct me if I'm wrong ;)

BedknobsandBroomsticks
04-22-2007, 02:29 PM
I loved reading the responses. I have been on JII many times but wasn't really listening I guess. When I listened to the CD I was only listening and wasn't distracted by anything visual. I thought as soon as I heard it that it was Billy Barty. I too was a big fan of his. Such a nice man, very humble even after his many years in hollywood. I have a new appreciation for figment now! Yes the cd set is awesome. Best money on a souvenier I ever spent and it has "Horizons" on it too. Also, World of Motion music. You will love it. :mickey:

DisneyGiant
04-22-2007, 02:40 PM
I loved reading the responses. I have been on JII many times but wasn't really listening I guess. When I listened to the CD I was only listening and wasn't distracted by anything visual. I thought as soon as I heard it that it was Billy Barty. I too was a big fan of his. Such a nice man, very humble even after his many years in hollywood. I have a new appreciation for figment now! Yes the cd set is awesome. Best money on a souvenier I ever spent and it has "Horizons" on it too. Also, World of Motion music. You will love it. :mickey:

It is an awesome CD, isn't it? I even have my nephews singing "Tomorrow's Child" from Spaceship Earth, and that ballad to Energy. Cracks me up every time I hear it!!