PDA

View Full Version : room numbers at mighty ducks

squijee
04-20-2007, 01:57 PM
anyone know the room numbers at asmo mighty ducks on the first floor inside by the pool....going next weekend....:mickey:

friely
04-23-2007, 08:15 AM
I think the rooms are numbered 1-10 and 55-65 along the front of the big T facing the pool but not totally sure :mickey:

CleveRocks
04-23-2007, 01:24 PM
anyone know the room numbers at asmo mighty ducks on the first floor inside by the pool....going next weekend....:mickey:If you want to increase your chances of getting the room location you want, my STRONG advice to you is don't request individual room numbers. Instead, request it exactly as you requested it in your post: "Mighty Ducks, first floor by the pool."

WHY?

Well, the room assigners can't be expected to be psychic. Let's say they want to fulfill your request, but all of the room #s you requested are unavailable during your entire length of stay. Given that situation, they have no way of knowing why you requested what you requested. Did a fortune teller tell you they'd be lucky? Is one of those numbers the number you won money on in the lottery? Did you stay in one of those rooms for your honeymoon and you're bring nostalgic? They have no way of knowing.

So they'll just assign you any old room. But if they can see (by your words) that you want to be in that section in a first floor room near the pool, even if the exact rooms you want aren;t available, they might be able to give you the next closest, or one just around the corner from there, etc.

'Guest' of the MasterControlProgram
04-23-2007, 10:56 PM
The Mighty Ducks buildings are 2 & 3. That is the first number of the four digits. So we're talking 2xyy and 3xyy. The second digit (what I just labeled "x") is the floor #. Here's the thing... the floors are number across all three All Stars resorts.

Sports is 1,2,3 as expected. But Music is 4,5,6 in the room numbering scheme even though the physical buildings have signage stating 1-3 (as well the elevators having buttons 1-3). In other words, the first floor of Music is indicated by "4" in the second digit (from the left) in the room number system. And so the third floor rooms at Music are "6".

By now you can guess that the three floors of Movies are 7,8,9.

We once stayed in Jazz (building 2) on the first floor (ground floor) and our room was 2424. Building 2, floor 4 (ground at Music), and the 24th room at that location. Thus, no overlap between the three All Stars. 2124 would be at Sports (Hoops bldg 2) on the first/ground floor and 2724 would be Mighty Ducks bldg 2 once again the first/ground floor.

The rooms ("yy") start numbering on the front face of the building, to your left of the main icon/staircase if you are looking out a room's window, or to your right if are looking at the building. There are 10 rooms on each side of the main stairs on the front, another 10 behind them facing the parking lots and/or courtyard. That's 40 out of 64 rooms just in the top of the "T" (since the buildings are T shaped). The last 24 are 12x2 going down the center of the T. So 2424 was the 4th room down the T at Music in Jazz bldg 2. Don't ask me how the new family suits changed things! And so 5903 is Fantasia bldg 5 on the top/3rd floor at Movies and the third room from the main stairs/elevators/big magic hat.

Counting backwards, the rooms are 64-55 on the front on the one side (with 45-54 behind them facing the other way and rooms 1-10 also on the front on the other side of the main entrance). 55-65 would account for 11 rooms. Subtracting gives you a difference of 10 but then you have the "off by one" syndrome.

Hope this helps. I was bored and enjoyed the mental exercise. :D

p.s. nice weather in the Atlantic City area today, no?

CleveRocks
04-24-2007, 11:31 AM
p.s. nice weather in the Atlantic City area today, no?Yup. Hoping it stays nice but cools down a little. I'm running in the Long Branch Half-Marathon this Sunday.

I train on the Boardwalk between the Ventnor/Margate line and the Inlet, and the weather's been nice for training.