PDA

View Full Version : DME: Welcome center, where is it?

ToraTory
04-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Greetings,

I've searched through the search area but cannot seem to find the answer to one question about DME. I understand that after landing at MCO head to the Disney Airport Welcome Center. I know at one time cast members used to stand in the airport wearing the large white mickey hands and point the way to the center I believe I read that they can't do that any more. My parents are flying alone and are very nervous about being in a large airport and feeling unsure about where to go.

Can someone please tell me how to get to the welcome center (they are flying in from Baltimore on Air Tran, they will not have to worry about luggage as we are driving down and will be bringing their stuff -- I'm terrified to fly :scared:).

Any help or tips about using DME would be very much appreciated. thanks - tory

disneymom15
04-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Once you get off the airport shuttle, look for side A (big neon A) I think it's the third level down, go to the right all the way to the end. The exact directions are in your DME handbook with your vouchers.

CleveRocks
04-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Once you get off the airport shuttle, look for side A (big neon A) I think it's the third level down, go to the right all the way to the end. Sorry, but this isn't entirely accurate, or rather it's outdated information. The DME Welcome Center moved to the B side of the airport in October 2006.

AirTran flights will arrive on the A side of the airport. The DME Welcome Center is located on the B side of the airport.

Once your parents take the "monorail" to the main terminal building, they will be on Level 3 of the A side of the terminal. They need to stay on Level 3 until they walk across to the B side of the terminal.

The DME Welcome Center is located on the B side of the terminal on Level 1, which is 2 floors down from the main level of the terminal.

So after they cross over to the B side of the main terminal building, they can then go down to Level 1 (there are elevators and escalators). The DME Welcome Center is on Level 1 and as far down as you can go -- it's at the "end" of the building. In other words, they can't walk past it because the building ends there.

As long as they get to Level 1 on the B side, tell them to walk as far as they can go. Unfortunately, there are no signs along the way, believe it or not.

Piglet822
04-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Here's a map illustrating the location of DME. Perhaps this will help.

DME location at MCO (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/magicalexpress/images/DMELocation.jpg)