PDA

View Full Version : Thrill Ride Fan or not?

DisneyMomx2
04-20-2007, 10:52 AM
One of the reasons I LOVE WDW is there are plenty of rides wimpy me is willing to go on. I do avoid most of the "mountains" and such though.

Got me thinking how "alone" I am in not going on these thrill rides. Are you a thrill-ride person??

DDuck66
04-20-2007, 11:07 AM
I love the thrill rides as long as they are not jerky. I wear glasses and on several of them I am always afraid that I will lose them. EE was great as it was thrilling but pretty smooth flowing.

CrazyStitch
04-20-2007, 11:13 AM
That's what I love best about WDW: the amount of stuff I like to ride. Being from the Midwest/Ohio Valley, I go to King's Island alot, but there's not a whole lot I'll ride, since I don't like rollercoasters. And I have yet to set foot in Cedar Point. But WDW has tons of stuff that I like to ride, so it just adds to my fun there :)

thrillme
04-20-2007, 11:17 AM
My name "Thrillme" came for my love and defense of thrill rides. I LOVE them. I have had my DS in Thrill Ride training since he was able to walk. If he was tall enough he went on them. Fortunately for me. He LOVES them.

Dat's my Boy!!! :D

Now I'm not quite ready to jump out of an airplane but...I'll do anything on a track.

K

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Not me, I hate thrill-rides. Did Splash once, just to say that I have, and that's about it!

I like WDW, 'cause there is so much for me to do, I don't feel like I am missing out on anything.

Marker
04-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Yep, I love thrill rides. I've never met a coaster I wasn't willing to jump on.

HOWEVER - WDW is not a thrill ride park. It's not intended to be, and I really don't want it to become one. WDW is about families, and kids. The have a nice mix of thrill-ish rides and non-thrill rides. I'd much rather see additions of well-themed, entertainment rides that an entire family can all ride together and enjoy... rather than cater to the thrill ride crowd. Don't get me wrong, I love the addition of EE, but lets just keep a balance.

BigRedDad
04-20-2007, 11:31 AM
I love thrill rides, but I enjoy the calmer rides as well. The parks cater to all types of crowds, but lack just a few thrill rides. There are plenty of ways they can incorporate 1 more thrill ride at each park without taking away from the magic and turning into a Six Flags or Paramount park.

4ubie1
04-20-2007, 11:37 AM
I do love to be adventurous and try out the thrill rides. :D I love most of them at WDW except for the ones that spin ya around (won't do MS) or the simulators (tried Star Tours and nearly :sick: ). But give me a good roller coaster :coaster: or even a drop any day!!:thumbsup:

TheAdventurer
04-20-2007, 11:59 AM
I love thrill rides, and lover other theme parks for the roller coasters too. But the absolute best is a thrill ride with fantastic themeing like Everest or TOT!

And I like the dark rides too :mickey:

Vanlandingham
04-20-2007, 12:25 PM
I used to be a wimp when it came to thrill rides, but now I'm pretty good about them. I still have my definite limits, though nothing at any of the parks anymore is outside of said limits.

bleukarma
04-20-2007, 12:26 PM
I’m a thrill ride person but there are a few at WDW that I’m hesitant to do. TOT and Splash. I don’t think I like that “drop” feeling. I will go on these rides if everybody else wants to go but it’s never on my top list of things to do while I’m there. I'm never hesitant for a good spin on Mission Space or RnR though! And I still don’t count Test Track as a thrill ride!

cuul1
04-20-2007, 12:59 PM
I really like to ride thrill rides. Although I like Disney's theming of the ordinary thrill ride much better than going to a six flags park. Of course if there's a really good roller coaster, I'll be sure to ride it! :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
04-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Bring on the thrills!!!!!! Gotta love 'em. But if you aren't the type, you aren't missing out....my husband cannot do any ride that spins, dips, twists, he just can't handle the movement unless he has control over it, (yet can ride in a firetruck doing XXmph which he has no control over) ooops, anyway, he doesn't feel that he is missing anything. There is sooo much for everyone that spinny, twisty, jerky and flipppy rides are just something he skips. We love Disney!!

BrandyC1974
04-20-2007, 03:20 PM
I love thrill rides.

My DD 9, who by the way is in a wheelchair, also loves thrill rides. Her favorite is Tower of Terror. She would even ride Rock N Roll Coaster, but I don't think I will ever be able to let her ride anything that goes upside down.:sad:

My DD 6 loves most thrill rides such as Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain and Expedition Everest. However, she does not like Tower of Terror at all. She rode it when we went in 2005 and was ok with it. But, during our trip in 2006 she was terrified of it!! (Good thing for Baby Swap!! :thumbsup: )

prttynpnk
04-20-2007, 03:30 PM
If I spin the lazy susan on the kitchen table too quickly I get a little woozy- give me the wimpo rides!!;)

Touchdown
04-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Coaster Enthusiast whos ridden on over 200 rides, love the thrills, except Pirate Ships, I cant ride those rides because when I was younger I nearly tossed my cookies on one (even though I was allready doing adult coasters over and over again.)

GrmGrninGost
04-20-2007, 04:35 PM
I love thrill rides, BUT, I really don't think Disney needs to be about thrill rides. To me Disney is about the magic! I love the atmosphere! I could go to a Disney park and not get on a ride and be happy!:mickey:

Damon18
04-20-2007, 05:01 PM
I love thrill rides, BUT, I really don't think Disney needs to be about thrill rides. To me Disney is about the magic! I love the atmosphere! I could go to a Disney park and not get on a ride and be happy!:mickey:

:ditto:

WDWFREAK101
04-20-2007, 08:42 PM
IM DEFINITLY A THRILL SEEKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

People may not agree with me on this but i think SPLASH MOUNTAIN is the most thrilling in the park.

thejens
04-20-2007, 08:43 PM
I rode thrill rides at WDW for the first time because of the great atmosphere and theming: TOT, Space Mountain, Splash, BTMR (but not EE or RR, maybe next time????) but I agree with the posters that say WDW is not about the thrill rides as much as being with the entire family. I'd like it if they added more rides like BTMR, a little bit of thrill, but fun for the whole family and themed well.

WDWfeelslikehome
04-20-2007, 09:12 PM
DW and I love the thrill rides, but we also enjoy the other parts of the park and attractions just as much.

TTA Metroliner
04-20-2007, 09:57 PM
I LOVE thrill rides, but I agree with others that WDW is not for thrill seekers. I don't go there for the thrill rides although I ride them numerous times. I go for the atmosphere. Places like King's Island and Cedar Point are AWESOME for thrill rides, but when it comes to themeing and overall experience, give me Disney any day!!!!

Jared
04-20-2007, 11:38 PM
Many guests love Walt Disney World because some of the best attractions are not thrill rides.

I ride just about every ride, even scary ones. In fact, my two favorite Magic Kingdom attractions--Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad--are loosely considred thrill rides.

But many of the best attractions are for the entire family, which makes the parks so special.

Magic Kingdom would not be so magical without Peter Pan's Flight and Mickey's PhilharMagic.

Despite the recent creation of Test Track and Mission: SPACE, Epcot is still based around educational experiences for everybody. Spaceship Earth and Soarin' are perfect examples of this ideal.

The best stage shows run at the Disney-MGM Studios. Although Tower of Terror and Rock "n" Roller Coaster are classic thrill rides, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular and Voyage of the Little Mermaid are still amazing productions. The Great Movie Ride, albeit old, is still relevant.

Expedition Everest is an amazing thrill ride at Animal Kingdom, but Kilimanjaro Safaris and Festival of the Lion King are unbelievable attractions for even the biggest wimps.

To wrap up this long post: Thrill rides are fun. Family experiences are better.

2Epcot
04-21-2007, 01:16 AM
I feel similar to Jared. I'm a huge thrill ride fan, and go on just about everything, but Disney isn't about thrill rides. I love the dark rides as much as the thrill rides ... that's what makes Disney World what it is.

grumpyguy
04-21-2007, 09:53 AM
for me its a real nice mix betwwen fun and thilling rides.with the addition of ee its even better!!from iwhat i read here at intercot,alot of folks are like me in the respect that a trip to our world isn't just about the thrill rides anyway,it's much,much more so i enjoy the rnrc as much as sw just in a different way.:mickey:
gg out!!:thumbsup:

EPCOTExplorer
04-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Only when I feel brave.:secret: LOL

I do really like Splash Mountain but haven't tried anything else.

dumbo ears
04-21-2007, 11:43 AM
i like wimpy and scary rides. to me when i go to MK i usually do all the mountains a lot but i will go and do like HM or peter pan. i like how WDW has both types that are good.

Polynesian Dweller
04-21-2007, 11:58 PM
Love the Disney 'thrill' rides because they are smoother than most places. Don't mind coasters but don't like jerky ones that through you around to much. Got physically hurt twice at Universal because of the jerks on a couple of rides. Disney does it well, the thrill without the unnecessary bangs.

Besides, as others have said, Disney is about atmosphere and themeing.

Dsnygirl
04-22-2007, 01:22 AM
:mickey: Not so much anymore, although I used to really love the crazy roller-coasters.... but somewhere, things have "shifted" and I just don't tolerate them like I used to. So -- I'll usually try something once - if I feel :sick: afterwards, that's usually the end of it!! I'm a much bigger fan of the milder rides at WDW these days... :blush: ... although I do LOVE ToT!! :D

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-22-2007, 03:47 AM
oh yeah trill ride fan all the way. :number1:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-22-2007, 09:44 AM
I love Splash, BTMRR and have done TOT a few times. I will ride SM if I have to..if DH won't take the boys on, they love it.

I used to ride anything, not anymore. :sick:

darthmacho
04-22-2007, 10:26 AM
I love thrill rides, but I really prefer a ride with a powerful theme, whether thrilling or not.

:vacation: :sun: :crab:

LoriMistress
04-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Personally, I think there needs to be more thrill rides at WDW. It would be great if they created a Villians Park and have nothing but thrill rides. :cloud9:

Bethanymouse
04-22-2007, 03:19 PM
The more thrilling the better for me!:thumbsup:

future_imagineer
04-22-2007, 04:24 PM
I like them, up to a point. I will do any of the ones at WDW, but I am not a fan of the megacoasters that you find at... other parks.

GenieOfPA
04-22-2007, 04:35 PM
i'm not a huge fan of thrill rides in general, but for some reason i love the thrill rides at WDW... i don't know why though. the only one i won't do is the TOT... i hate drops and i'm sorta scared of elevators... so its not exactly my cup of tea...

Epcotfan21
04-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Big fan of the thrill rides, all but Mission Space.

Bethis26fan
04-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Big fan of the thrill rides, all but Mission Space.

Me too

disneygecko
04-22-2007, 06:07 PM
I love thrill rides. Of course I think Disney's thrilling attractions are better than the others like at Six Flags, especially with theming and quality. Even though I love thrill rides, I love all of the other attractions at Walt Disney World equally.

SpecJoe Magic
04-23-2007, 02:04 AM
I definitely enjoy thrill rides. In fact, my top 10attraction list consists of 5 thrill rides (Splash Mountain, Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Mission: Space). There is, however, a limit to how thrilling I like thrill rides to be. It's not that extreme thrills make me sick. It's just that I feel that some rides are so intense that they surpass what I feel is fun and reach the level of ridiculous. Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach is the only attraction at WDW that I feel is too intense to be fun. There are many other parks that have numerous attractions that I don't care anything about riding simply because I don't think they would be much fun due to extreme intensity levels. For example, Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point doesn't appeal to me because of its absurd height and drop. What I like about WDW's thrills are that they provide adrenilene rush without being too intense, and they are well themed, which is something that most thrill rides at other parks are not.

Spaceship Tigger
04-23-2007, 07:01 AM
I like thrill rides like traditional coasters and creations like ToT. I'm really starting to dislike the hideous new coasters that parks keep creating that spin you around and try to make you felll like you're 'flying'. A well-themed, more traditional coaster like EE is a far better ride in my book.

indytraveler
04-23-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm a thrill ride person but what I like is that there is a place for every member of our family. Those who like thrill rides and those who don't. So bring on all the Mountains.

Pipalotta
04-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Me and my family love thrill rides, we even plan our vacations around them (Cedarpoint, Kennywood, Busch Gardens). The higher, the faster, the better. Because of our love for these types of rides we dont have any problem waiting in a long line for a ride of a life time. Although Disney doesnt offer as many thrill rides as most amusement parks the ones they do are awesome.

Donald Duck 224
04-23-2007, 10:10 PM
I love the thrill rides, but i also like the slow relaxing ones as well.

Mickey91
04-24-2007, 10:07 AM
I prefer the family rides.

kgoulash
04-24-2007, 01:27 PM
i'm deathly afraid of rollercoasters, i had to be coaxed on goofy's barnstormer by my 2 year old!
i did go on splash mountain but i cried a little, that being said i may attempt it again with my now 5 year old on our next trip, he's already trying to talk me into it!

:goofy:

magicman
04-24-2007, 02:04 PM
I love the thrill rides; however, thrill rides aren't what I'm primarily looking for at WDW.

mook3y
04-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Bring on the thrill rides! :party:

But again, not the main reason I go to WDW. But I am glad they are putting at least a few in! Hoping for at least a couple more!

Figgyluv03
04-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Absolutely a thrill ride person!!!! But I still like to take a break and do the easy going rides too.

Sportster
04-25-2007, 12:32 PM
My wife and I are BIG thrill ride fans! The higher, faster, steeper etc the better. Now, with that being said, nothing beats the charm and magic of even the tamest ride/attraction at WDW.
There are plenty of other parks out there where I can get my extreme thrill fix, like Cedar Point or Kings Dominion.