PDA

View Full Version : Kona Cafe for Breakfast

allie_to_you
04-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Hey everyone! I have heard rave reviews about the Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe so I thought we'd give it a try on our next trip. Other than that, is the breakfast at Kona good?

Christine
04-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Absolutely! I did the tonga toast :tasty:
and my DH had some kind of big breakfast platter and it was all delicious. They have wonderful fresh fruit plates that are as big as your head and some of the fluffiest pancakes ever!
DD loved her Mickey pancakes too!
http://family.webshots.com/photo/2764990050085605958IuaETK

jodijo
04-20-2007, 09:24 AM
We ate at Kona every morning during our stay in November. We really enjoyed it. Didn't try the Tonga toast though. We are more bacon and eggs people. Enjoy your trip!!!!

faline
04-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Great spot for breakfast!

SurferStitch
04-20-2007, 09:34 AM
We haven't had breakfast there in a couple years, but the last time we did it was great. DH had the Tonga Toast, and I had a scrumptious shrimp omelet. We left there absolutely stuffed.

I would like to go back there again on our next trip in December.

floridamom
04-20-2007, 09:51 AM
In addition to the good food, the other thing I would say about Kona for breakfast is that it is pretty reasonably priced for the resorts. We are AP holders who do not qualify for the DDP. (However we do get the Disney DIning Experience Discount). It's a nice alternative to the buffet places in terms of price and amount of food. Plus it's great to hop right on the monorail to MK afterwards!:mickey:

moe513
04-20-2007, 10:02 AM
We went there especially for the Tonga Toast and I was disappointed. It was horrible. It tasted funny. Thats the only was I can describe it. Give it a shot, I have read lots of people like it.

tink55
04-20-2007, 01:45 PM
In addition to the Tonga Toast, which is wonderful, we tried the Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes (awesome) and a Vegetarian Omelet (not on the menu but the chef whips them up all the time). We also had a french-press pot of Kona Coffee. Best breakfast in WDW!

Goofy Pluto
04-20-2007, 02:07 PM
We went there especially for the Tonga Toast and I was disappointed. It was horrible. It tasted funny. Thats the only was I can describe it. Give it a shot, I have read lots of people like it.

:noway: :jaw: :eyes: :faint:

I can't believe someone would say that! ;)

I LOVE the Tonga Toast!

SurferStitch
04-20-2007, 03:28 PM
In addition to the Tonga Toast, which is wonderful, we tried the Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes (awesome) and a Vegetarian Omelet (not on the menu but the chef whips them up all the time). We also had a french-press pot of Kona Coffee. Best breakfast in WDW!

That's right....DH didn't have the Tonga Toast there, but he had the same thing at POR (just called banana stuffed french toast). My mistake. He had the Macadamia Pineapple pancakes at Kona, and loved them. They were very sweet, but very good (I had to sample them, you know).

Can't agree on the coffee...we hated it because it was way too weak. :sick:

slegrant
04-20-2007, 04:07 PM
The tonga toast at Kona Cafe is the best. We always eat there atleast once a trip . I always have the Tonga Toast and my wife loves the Fruit plate.:goofy2:

6/23/07-7/7/07 Fort Wilderness Family trip
12/27/06-1/5/07 Fort Wilderness Family trip
5/27/06-5/30/07 Grand Floridian Anniversary!

dolphinmickey9170
04-20-2007, 04:13 PM
I am going to have to try this. Do you need ADR's? Is there a listing in the menu area for this?

wdwjenn
04-20-2007, 04:29 PM
The Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe is the best :cheer: !! I have been dreaming about it every night since we began planning our October trip.

Do we need ADR for breakfast at Kona?

I made all my dinner ADR today and thought I would wait until w get there to determine which morning to go :alarm: .

TONGA TOAST IS :magic: !!

dolphinmickey9170
04-20-2007, 04:37 PM
I just called and made my ADR's for Mother's Day...Thanks Intercot!! I can't wait......14 days and counting!!!

TheMartellFamily
04-20-2007, 04:51 PM
The tonga toast is yummy. The thing I remember when I was there, I had a glass of Lilikoi juice and it was so refreshing. The next time I go there I want this as for I remember this better than I do the tonga toast.

Belle's Mom
04-20-2007, 05:23 PM
My DH had Tonga Toast and thought it was good. I don't do bananas, so I had the macadamia pancakes. OMG! I don't usually do breakfast either and definitely not sweet stuff, but those things were heavenly. My mouth is watering right now. A previous poster said it was good but sweet and that is true. I combatted that by putting the salty butter on them. That helped, but they really were sooo good. You probably will need an ADR for busier times. We were there in Oct and got a walk in for b'fast and dinner and at 'Ohana too. Talk about yummy, but that's for another post!!!:papple: :lei:

auntfrannie
04-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Tonga Toast is very good but also very sweet! They bring syrup to the table but I think that would make them waaaay too sweet! They're perfect without anything extra added!

A Big Kid
04-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Any trip to WDW without stopping at Kona for Tonga Toast, is not a trip. So says my family.

elorac
04-22-2007, 08:40 PM
I seem to recall reading you can buy Tonga Toast at one of the parks. Is this true or can you only find it at Kona Cafe?

Cathy S
04-23-2007, 11:02 AM
The Tonga Toast is very good but I just loved the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes. This was the best breakfast at WDW or anywhere else for that matter!

splashtest
04-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Best place for breakfast IMO. Price are reasonable, never a long wait and the food is great.

Dinner is also very good there.

Tonga Toast Rocks!!!