PDA

View Full Version : Walk to Crossroads Shopping Center

jans2kids
04-20-2007, 07:31 AM
We will not have a car and wanted to go to the Pirates Cove Mini Golf at the Crossroads Shopping Center. Is it possible to walk from DTD to the Crossraods. If its only a mile or so we will do it, if not we will come up with another plan.

Gotimone
04-20-2007, 07:56 AM
Hi.. Well first of all I'm not really sure how far it is... Maybe a mile or so.. but you have to know that the traffic around that area is extremely heavy and dangerous.. you maybe better off just jumping in a cab either from your resort or DTD and getting there that way.. You must also know that there are atleast two (that I know of mini gold courses on the disney property.. and they are really great.. Hope this helps.. have a great trip..;)

Figment!
04-20-2007, 09:06 AM
I think that area is one of the few that does have designated public sidewalks, however; as mentioned above traffic is still very heavy.

King Triton
04-20-2007, 09:11 AM
I've done this quite a bit. I think its about 3/4-1 mile. Its a nice walk on a nice day. The entire length of Hotel Plaza Blvd (which connects DTD to Crossroads Plaza is very well sidewalked. Crossing Apopka Vineland Rd (FL 535) is a little hair-raising, but loads of people do it...just make sure you follow the traffic signals...its a very wide road.

BashfulMom
04-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Personally, I would check with the hotel and see if they provide a shuttle to Crossroads. Crossing 535 can be a challenge especially if you have young ones with you.

Piglet822
04-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Hotels do not provide shuttle to Crossroads.
A cab sounds like a good idea. You could catch one right at DD. It would keep the cost down and you wouldn't have to worry about crossing 535.