PDA

View Full Version : Dining in the Castle

Mnchknbrat1982
04-20-2007, 12:38 AM
I'm looking at either making a breakfast or dinner reservation. But was wondering is this worth 2 ts on the dining plan? How is the food?

rsumrall
04-20-2007, 01:23 AM
You are going to find that Intercot friends are VERY DIVIDED over CRT. You asked two different questions:

First, is it worth 2 TS points. The answer is both yes and no. I would say if you've never done it before, do it for the experience. it is unique. Looking out over Fantasyland, especially at night, is surreal. The service is decent. The little dinner show with Fairy Godmother and the mice is only slightly entertaining. Once you've done, stear clear. You can get way more bang for your buck for 2 TS points.

Second, is the food good. In a word - sorta. I personally think the meal is mediocre and in recent times they have pared the menu down until most of the more interesting offerings have been eliminated. There is worse food in the Kingdom, but let's face it - the draw of CRT is the atmosphere and the unique experience, not the food.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

alicia524luvstw
04-20-2007, 05:31 AM
We had dinner @CRT last June and didn't like the food at all. I'm glad we had the chance to experience eating in the castle but once was definitely enough. Maybe breakfast is different.

illini
04-20-2007, 09:22 AM
We've found the breakfast to be pretty good both times. Fairly standard fare, but I appreciated the fresh fruit. I enjoy the setting; it's very unique. I think it's a must do at least once for everyone.

As to the TS credits, no, I don't think it's worth blowing two on. Last trip, it was only one and that was fine. This trip, we'll be paying OOP for this meal as it doesn't make financial sense to use two credits for it. If you're getting your dining package for free, it's not so bad. If you're paying for the DDP, not the best decision but if using credits is the only way you'll eat there, it's worth it to do it once, IMHO.

moe513
04-20-2007, 09:32 AM
My dd age 7 loves this breakfast so we go.She dresses up like a princess.I like the breakfast food but read bad reviews about the lunch and dinner. We paid for this meal and used our ts somewhere else. Its all about the experience and how muchmoney think its worth. I dont think we will do it next time. We might try cirque du soleil instead.

Bruegge
04-20-2007, 09:48 AM
I agree with Rsumrall

We never had breakfast or dinner.. always lunch. Breakfast was always full... for dinner we always go upscale... Cg, narcooseess, chefs de france etc.

The Dollar amount of a 2ts meal is $50.00 adult .... so dollars and cents it's not a bargain ... in memories ... it's great.

I have 2 DD's 8-3 I have a lunch booked for May. It's the the 3yo's first disney trip ... She already knows she is going to see "Cindyrelle" and eat at her castle....

Food at lunch has always been good to very good...but... It has been 4 years since I've been... the dining plan has done some damage... I'll let you know in 40 days

Scott

Disneytravels
04-20-2007, 04:11 PM
mmm... Do i think its worth the 2 dinings... no but people do it and DIsney knows they will. We always hold it on the dining plan but pay for it when we are there. I personlly think the food is okay(been there BL & D) but you are paying for the "eating in the castle" experience. Norway has the princess if you are mainly looking for that.. go there and its only 1 dining credit and Ariel is there. IF you have never done the castle at least do it once, the kids think its so neat- being inside cindy castle!
You also get a 6x8 and 2 or 4 4x6 photo's at breakfast with Cindy included with the price along with a sword or wand with of course the wishing star for each child.

tinksmom02
04-20-2007, 09:26 PM
I agree with other posters--it's the kind of thing almost everyone should do once. We were there for breakfast, food was pretty good, but we were not offered seconds. In fact, once we got into the dining area (after waiting 45 to meet Cindy and get our "invitation" to go upstairs) we were very, very rushed through our meal. We were the last breakfast seating, that may have had something to do with it?

Is it worth it? Like I said, probably just once, although there are plenty of people who make this a must-do every trip. For us, once was enough.

dinahvixen
04-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Are you bringing little girls? If you are then it is very much worth it. My husband had tears when he saw his little girl talking with Cinderella for the first time, and in her "castle" to boot! If you're not bringing little girls (unless you're a huge princess fan yourself, of course), I would skip it. I don't remember what we ate, but the experience for all of us was wonderful. So wonderful that now that we're going back (DD will be 6, was 4 last time), we can't go back to the castle b/c it can't beat the last experience.