PDA

View Full Version : Last Day Ideas

BelleKP
04-19-2007, 10:16 PM
So we have most of our itinerary set for our upcoming trip (Aug. 24-29), but I'm not sure what to do with our last day.
Our plane leaves MCO at 2pm . . . so I'm assuming we need to be ready for pick up around 11am (our first time using ME, I read here that we need to leave a 3 hour window . . . a little long if you ask me!).
So what can we realistically get done between wake up time (we are early risers) and 11am . . . I'd love to go to a park, but there are no EMHs that morning. Is it still doable though? Say going to MK and riding 2-3 rides and then coming back again! I know, I know we're a little insane!
Other info you may need to know; it's just two of us (both 30), and we're staying at POP.

Thanks for any ideas . . . :thumbsup:

crazeedizneefinatic
04-19-2007, 10:59 PM
I think with your semi early departure I would be nervous getting back to the resort at 11a.m. for the ME. What happens if you get delayed somewhere? We usually leave around the same time and the 3 hours they give you really isn't much. By the time you get to the airport and get checked in (if not using an airline that the hotel can check you in) it's not that long a wait. Since you will be flying at almost meal time have a nice slooow lunch at the airport and shop for last minute items at the Disney Earport store for your last minute Disney fix. We learned our lesson the hard way. The first year we used the ME we also thought the 3 hour time frame was too long. We requested we leave with a 2 hour time frame. They will change it if you ask, although strongly not recommended. When we got to the airport my Dad realized he left his keys at the hotel! OMG, everyone was crazy. Not only did we cut the time short we now had no keys to drive the car home that was parked at our home airport! My Dad hopped a cab back to the resort only to find the room had already been cleaned and apparently no one found the keys. He almost missed the flight! Everyone was stressed! Moral of the story: Always leave enough time, even too much time in case something strange or unusal happens! :D

faline
04-20-2007, 05:40 AM
I'd probably opt to stay in bed a bit longer and have a nice breakfast before heading off to the airport.

alicia524luvstw
04-20-2007, 05:44 AM
Walk around the resort and see the different decades or hang out @ the pool. Stay up late the night before doing as much as you can and sleep in. An 11:00 departure doesn't give you enough time @ a park, maybe an hour?

January-2007
04-20-2007, 08:47 AM
If you are early risers, perhaps a good thing for you to do would be to enjoy a nice character breakfast at one of the resorts. You could get an early seating and just take in your last little piece of Mickey before departing. I think you would have plenty of time to return to your resort if you got an early seating, you could even taxi it over if you're running close or don't want to bother with all the bus hopping. On our two last trips we have gone to the Magic Kingdom on our last day when we are leaving in the early afternoon. We aren't going to anymore though, we're going to try other things instead, like this crazy thing called sleeping in... Have fun whatever you decide. :mickey:

crazypoohbear
04-20-2007, 09:03 AM
I would not recommend trying to fit in a park. The time is too close to risk anything.
I would try to find a nice breakfast and just relax and enjoy.

Tigger1028
04-21-2007, 06:18 PM
We just go to the pool on our last day. Sometimes if we have a later flight and they don't pick us up till 1pm for a 4pm flight we will even check out of the hotel, put the luggage in storage, and still go to the pool. Keep a ziploc bag and a change of clothes with you and change in the restroom and then catch your ride to the airport. If we have an earlier flight we put the do not disturb sign on the door and go to the pool so they won't start cleaning the room, then we go up at the last minute and change and go down to wait for our ride. We tried once to go to downtown disney to shop for our last morning left, we thought we had plenty of time and we went to wait for a bus back to the Beach Club and waited and waited. Then I was stressing out we were going to miss our ride. We just made it back with 5 minutes to spare and we alotted alot of time to get back. The buses in the day from DD were just unpredicable. They come alot more frequently at night. So now we just go to the pool.

HndrdPrcnt
04-21-2007, 06:24 PM
If you are early risers, perhaps a good thing for you to do would be to enjoy a nice character breakfast at one of the resorts. You could get an early seating and just take in your last little piece of Mickey before departing. I think you would have plenty of time to return to your resort if you got an early seating, you could even taxi it over if you're running close or don't want to bother with all the bus hopping. On our two last trips we have gone to the Magic Kingdom on our last day when we are leaving in the early afternoon. We aren't going to anymore though, we're going to try other things instead, like this crazy thing called sleeping in... Have fun whatever you decide. :mickey:

I am in total agreement with the character breakfast, and I would recommend Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort.. That would give you a chance to have a nice meal and to say goodbye to all your friends until next time. You could still get back to POP in plenty of time if you make an early enough reservation. You could even use a cab if you don't want to struggle with the busses and give yourself more time.:thumbsup: