PDA

View Full Version : Pm Emh @ Ak

mudpuppysmom
04-19-2007, 07:56 PM
WoW, that is alot of abbreviations!!

I'm thinking of changing up our touring plan for our trip in a few weeks.

Normally we go to MGM on our first day b/c it does not take us all day to do the park (I have a 5 yr old DS and he doesn't do "girls stuff mom!").

My thought was that since we are landing at MCO at 9:15 by the time I gather our luggage and grab our rental car (LOVE Nat'l's Emerald Ailse!!) then stop at Walmart for "supplies", then drop our stuff at SOG we could be at AK by noon is my guess.....maybe a tad later!! They also have EMH that night.

So, I'm wondering how EMH in the PM is at AK.
Is it crowded? What all is open? Should we deviate from going to MGM and do Fantasmic another night??

Gimmie the low down guys.

Figment!
04-19-2007, 08:22 PM
What all is open? From Extra Magic Hours Program (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/extramagic.asp)
Animal Kingdom
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
The Boneyard
Festival of the Lion King
It's Tough to be a Bug!
Kali River Rapids (seasonal)
Kilimanjaro Safaris (seasonal)
Primeval Whirl
Triceratop Spin

Wristbands can be obtained at the following Animal Kingdom locations;
TheMain Entrance area, Entrance to Asia, Near the Boneyard in Dinoland, It's Tough to be a Bug, and the Harambe School in Africa.

moe513
04-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Great question. I have wondered how this park is in the dark.

mudpuppysmom
04-22-2007, 03:55 PM
No one has been to AK for PM EMH's?????? I'm bumping this up in hopes someone responds!!

TinyDancer
04-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Ok, I'll do it. I'll answer, lol. :)

Last year we went May 16-25 or so, something like that. One day of AK late opening we rushed and rushed to get there. We then left about an hour later, having ridden Dinosaur twice (in a row, there was literally no one else in line), Everest, and Primeval Whirl. The lines were virtually non-existant. In fact, I think we might have even then gone to Epcot and gotten in a few rides.

Heck, if you're getting in at noon, I'd go to Animal Kingdom and then over to MGM. But that's just my thoughts. However, I have a feeling you could hit most of the big ones at AK and go over to MGM and hit most of those big ones too.

Jared
04-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Because Kilimanjaro Safaris is closed at night, evening Extra Magic Hours at Animal Kingdom do not sound worthwhile.

Unless you want to ride Expedition Everest multiple times, I suggest finding something else to do that night. Even if you arrive at Animal Kingdom by noon, you probably can experience all the major attractions by the beginning of Extra Magic Hours.

mudpuppysmom
04-23-2007, 01:08 PM
I don't want this to sound like it is painful for me to go there, but my DS just lolly gags on both walking trails and over at Planet watch.

We usually get there when they open and are one of the first guests in the "door" and we are also one of the last ones out the door at night.....the CM's usually walk us along chatting about the day we had.....you know the polite way to tell us to get out!

Anyway -- I figured that if we did the trails and the safari we could do the other things that are open during EMH.

Thanks!

AuntLaura
04-23-2007, 08:18 PM
We actually had an excellent time at AK for EMH. There were 10 of us. We went and played arcade games in Dinoland and won stuffed toys for the little kids, went on Kali River Rapids (it didn't matter if we got wet since we were going back to the room anyway) and went on EE. We found it to be very pleasant at night and enjoyed seeing EE lit up at night.