PDA

View Full Version : The Patina Restaurant Group Selected for New Epcot Dining Location**Updated 6/22/07**

Figment!
04-19-2007, 04:24 PM
6/22/07

The name of the interim restaurant has been announced: Tutto Italia

Tutto Italia is planned to open in place of L’Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante Mid September 2007. The location is planned to close in Spring 2008 and re-open in Fall 2008 as a permanent Italian Dining location.

4/19/07

The Walt Disney World resort has internally announced the following:
Exciting new changes are coming to the Italy Pavilion at Epcot® that will further enhance the Guest experience.

Our contract with L’Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante will reach its conclusion on August 31, 2007. While we have enjoyed working with the Alfredo’s Group since Epcot opened, we are finalizing plans to develop a new Italian restaurant concept.

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts has selected the Patina Restaurant Group to be the new operating participant for the restaurant at the Italy Pavilion at Epcot ®.

The Patina Restaurant Group will be running the operation beginning September 1, 2007 and a new restaurant concept is scheduled to open Fall 2008.

The Patina Restaurant Group was also one of the original operating participants at the Downtown Disney® District at the Disneyland® Resort in Anaheim, starting in 2001.

We’re very excited to have a strong strategic partner like the Patina Restaurant Group bring its world-class cuisine to the Italy Pavilion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ's

Q. Who is the Patina Restaurant Group?

The Patina Restaurant Group was one of the original operating participants at the Downtown Disney® District at the Disneyland® Resort in Anaheim. The Group has operated Naples Restaurant at Disneyland® Resort since 2001. Master Chef Joachim Splichal of the Patina Restaurant Group will be bringing his world-class cuisine to the Italy Pavilion at Epcot®.

Q. Will there be an Italian chef running the restaurant?

Yes, there will be an authentic Italian chef to run the daily operations.

Q. Is this a new restaurant concept?

Yes, when it launches in Fall 2008, the Patina Restaurant Group will introduce a new restaurant featuring world-class cuisine to the Italy Pavilion at Epcot®. It will include signature dishes, interactive experience, and a variety of wines.

Q. What restaurant will be at that location in the interim?

The Patina Restaurant Group will showcase similar Italian fare from some of its premiere Italian restaurants.

Q. Will this new restaurant be a part of the meal plan?

Yes. They will participate in the Magic Your way dining plan options consistent with their participation at the Disneyland® Resort.

mrp4352
04-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Naples was the best meal we had at DL last summer!! :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
04-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Thanks Jason! :thumbsup: :mickey:

DVC2004
04-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the info!:thumbsup: I agree, Naples at DL was good.

Barb_A
04-19-2007, 06:23 PM
I wonder when they'll start taking ADRs for this restaurant?

Polynesian Dweller
04-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Now this sounds interesting. Hopefull they will bring good staff with them (could Alfredo's service have been worse). Can't wait to try it.

rsumrall
04-20-2007, 01:53 AM
I can't hardly wait! W had always heard such mediocre reviews of Alfredos that we avoided it. I'm excited to have a desirable restaurant in its place. I, too, wonder when ADRs will come available.

scottgr
04-20-2007, 09:39 AM
I cant wait to try the new food. I will going in the fall of 08. Yummm :mickey:

hoop de do
04-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks again Jason for your update.
For some reason I'm hungry. We love Italian cuisine and can't wait to try our new addition.
:wine: :chef: :eat:

Jeany031
04-20-2007, 05:30 PM
thanks for the info. Jason i think this is a great place to eat.

Rick Blaine
04-20-2007, 06:12 PM
I’m not sure I know the difference between a restaurant and a restaurant concept. I guess one difference is a restaurant could be opened in a few months; a restaurant concept takes a year.

joelkfla
04-21-2007, 02:28 AM
The existing restaurant will remain open this fall, but under new management and with a new menu. The new concept means the restaurant will be redesigned and will be very different from the existing restaurant, but will not open with the new design until Fall 2008.

Doug The Disney Man`
04-21-2007, 10:25 AM
I am excited to see this new restaurant/concept, too. I think through our last 3 or 4 trips down, we've eaten everywhere in Epcot (except Morocco, I always say we'll try it and then chicken out!). It will be good to get a fresh take on Italian cuisine in World Showcase, and the service had started to go downhill recently.
:mickey: :nemo:

alpro2
04-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Great news! Have to try it. Thanks for the info Jason. :thumbsup:

HndrdPrcnt
04-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Italian fare is my all-time favorite and hopefully this will be a great revision to the Italy pavillion. We are starting to come up with an '08 trip, so hopefully we will be able to check it out then!!:thumbsup:

TBone
04-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Our whole family got sick one night after dining at Alfredo's, my daughter did too on another occassion. Another time, my wife had a bug land and start crawling on her during dinner.

dolphinmickey9170
04-21-2007, 07:43 PM
I am a fet.alf. freak, however, I never have had the "GUTS" to try Alfredo's....I hope I get the nerve to try this one. I am curious to hear everyone's reviews. So please, the one who goes, let us know how it is?? Thanks

Crow
04-21-2007, 08:01 PM
hmm well i may have to try it in Sept depending on how things go and what the menu looks like
so will the staff be from Italy?

BrerGnat
04-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Naples at DLR (Downtown Disney) is REALLY REALLY good, and the prices are very reasonable for the portions, so I think this is a good move by Disney.

Can't wait to try it on our next trip. I have never had the desire to eat at the Italy pavilion, but I will definitely try it out now. I have had nothing but GOOD EATS at Naples every time I have gone there. I have been there close to 10 times now. Consistently good food and service.

wildernesslady
04-22-2007, 10:35 AM
I agree with Naples in DL. It was one of our best meals there. I hope it is the same type of place.

IceCreamlover
04-23-2007, 12:25 PM
American Italians running the new "concept" restaurant replacing Alfredo's? What happened to the idea of a "world showcase" for different countries? One of the best features of Alfredo's was speaking with the people from Italy!! They were all so nice.

KAT1811
04-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Any news on when we can expect a possible menu? We are heading down in Sept and maybe I'll fit them in the ADR schedule if I like the menu. I'll admit Alfredo's wasn't one of my favorites although, we are huge italian people. DH is VERY italian!

Melanie
04-24-2007, 03:56 AM
I'm excited about this news. We haven't eaten at Alfredo's since '99. Just couldn't get excited about it anymore. This will be a must on our next family trip to WDW. :eat:

TGK4LSU
04-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Does anyone know if Patina Restaurant Group will be servicing customers after September 1, 2007? Seems like they will close the restaurant down until the renovations are complete in the fall of 2008, unless I misunderstood. :mickey:

Scar
04-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Does anyone know if Patina Restaurant Group will be servicing customers after September 1, 2007? Seems like they will close the restaurant down until the renovations are complete in the fall of 2008, unless I misunderstood. :mickey:
Q. What restaurant will be at that location in the interim?

The Patina Restaurant Group will showcase similar Italian fare from some of its premiere Italian restaurants.Doesn’t say when it will close or for how long, but this would indicate it will be open after 9/1/07 for some time anyway.

big blue and hairy
04-24-2007, 05:03 PM
American Italians running the new "concept" restaurant replacing Alfredo's? What happened to the idea of a "world showcase" for different countries? One of the best features of Alfredo's was speaking with the people from Italy!! They were all so nice.

Being owned by and American company doesn't mean they can't employ an Italian executive chef and an Italian waitstaff....

:sulley:

dudeman1975
04-25-2007, 07:58 AM
What ever happened to Disney owned and ran restauraunts. It seems like more of the restauraunts in the park are going to outside parties such as the italian and also the new restauraunt opening in Asia. Does anyone agree. Is this a change that will be happening throughout Disney World?

big blue and hairy
04-25-2007, 08:46 AM
What ever happened to Disney owned and ran restauraunts. It seems like more of the restauraunts in the park are going to outside parties such as the italian and also the new restauraunt opening in Asia. Does anyone agree. Is this a change that will be happening throughout Disney World?

You're talking about two different cases. As I understand it, the World Showcase restaurants have always been run by outside chefs from the country represented in the pavillion.

Pixie Power
04-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Well, I for one, think this stinks!:(:fit::cry: Alfredo di Roma is my all time fave restaurant in Epcot. I love the fett. alfredo. Luckily I will get to eat there one last time next week.:pout:

DVCWDWMEMBER
04-25-2007, 12:13 PM
I guess we will have to get to WDW in 2008. We did love Alfredo's but will have to try the new restaurant for sure.

dudeman1975
04-25-2007, 12:59 PM
You're talking about two different cases. As I understand it, the World Showcase restaurants have always been run by outside chefs from the country represented in the pavillion.

Thank you for the information.

joelkfla
04-25-2007, 08:43 PM

Yes, but Patina is a chain of variously themed restaurants, not an Italian restauranteur. They're more like Landry's than Alfredo's.

big blue and hairy
04-26-2007, 07:31 AM
Yes, but Patina is a chain of variously themed restaurants, not an Italian restauranteur. They're more like Landry's than Alfredo's.

No offense to Landry's, but if you look at the Patina Group website, and listen to some of the folks who've been to the DL restaurants, you could be comparing Shoney's to the California Grill, a little overstated, but you get my drift...

hathawaybrown
05-10-2007, 02:13 PM
I am EXCITED! The first dinner I had on my first trip to WDW was at Alfredo's and I was disappointed, I have had better meals at Olive Garden!
Can't wait to try the new place!!!

dlml86
05-15-2007, 05:00 PM
I guess we are the exception, but we have always had a wonderful time at Alfredo's. We were there in Dec. '06 w/ a party of 10, and had a great time, good service and enjoyable food. We were there again in Mar. '07 and again had a very attentive waiter, and a wonderful time. We are going again (one last time) this weekend. We will certainly try the new one, and hope it is great too.:mickey:

Figment!
06-22-2007, 07:39 PM
**Updated**