PDA

View Full Version : First day? AK for EMH or MGM and Fantasmic?

mudpuppysmom
04-19-2007, 02:14 PM
We are going May 9-16. Our plane arrives at MCO at 9:15 am, so we should be able to stop at Walmart for snacks then drop our bags and hit the ground running like we usually do. Now, normally we go to MGM on the first day because we can "get it done" in one day. DS is not really THAT into MGM, there are a few things he enjoys doing, but a full day for us it is not. DS would rather spend an entire day plus at AK.

That said, our first day AK has EMH in the evening, which means we could be there until 9 pm!! I'm thinking we could be there at the earliest noon for lunch then start hitting everything.

My question is: Which would you do first, AK for the EMH or just go with our normal MGM first day.

I thought about doing AK first, then MGM our second day, but DH is coming in at 9:40 that night and needs picked up, so that threw a wrench in that plan.....

SBETigg
04-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Tough call. It's hard to stray from those trip rituals and it might seem weird to do MGM out of synch from your norm. Plus, the EMH at AK could have larger crowds, making the EMH not so big a help. But if the crowds are normal, and you could have extra time at AK, bonus.

So hard to choose! Ask people who have experience with AK evening EMH what crowds are like at the AK during that time? I would be tempted to go for more time at the AK. It is getting better all the time. Actually, this is why we park hop. Half day at MGM, half day at AK, and the reverse the next time.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
04-19-2007, 02:34 PM
We're doing the Fantasmic! Dining Package the first night we get there, with the H&V buffet dinner beforehand. We'll be super hungry from a long day of flying that includes a connecting flight in Minneapolis!

Chris :hatter:

Dsnygirl
04-19-2007, 03:40 PM
I would have to vote for AK and the EMH, too -- I know you run the risk of larger crowds, but those 4 extra hours would give you a pretty full day there -- and since you're going to be there a week, you could always go back! Hope you have a wonderful trip!! :)

faline
04-20-2007, 05:49 AM
I would have to vote for AK and the EMH, too -- I know you run the risk of larger crowds, but those 4 extra hours would give you a pretty full day there --

Evening extra magic hours add an additional 3 hours unto the usual park closing time.