PDA

View Full Version : CBR kids activities?

crazeedizneefinatic
04-19-2007, 01:49 PM
We were not able to get our usual reservations at POP this year because of the free dining. We bumped up to a moderate and had the choice of POR and CBR. We chose CBR. I am now reading about a 'fishing hole" for the kids. I am wondering if we made a bad choice. I knew nothing about either resort when we booked, we had to make a decision right then and there. Does CBR have any fun activities for the kids?? My son is 6. Thanks!

Disney Doll
04-19-2007, 02:22 PM
CBR has a wonderful pool with a slide and several play grounds. While you are not allowed to swim at the beaches, you can build sand castles and such. We were there this past Feb with a 7 year old nephew and he had a blast. In fact, he loved the pool so much, he would often ask to leave the parks early so we could swim at the resort.

Mariašoš
04-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Your son is going to absolutely love CBR! The themeing of this resort is absolutely wonderful and any little boy who loves pirates will be in heaven here. They have an Island of the Caribbean Pirate Adventure at CBR that your son might be interested in. They set sail on a boat at the marina, told stories about pirates, they will go on a treasure hunt and have lunch. It really sounds neat. Go to <snip> to read all about it!

The main pool is fantastic with cannons shooting water, water fall and slide. Playgrounds, sandy beaches, bicycles and watercraft to rent, arcade, etc... Not to worry, he's going to love it all.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the replies. The pirate boat sounds like fun. We went on an adventure like this in ocean city one year. The adults were allowed to come also. That is the only thing that worries me. I know Disney would have every safety precaution in place, but no one watches your child like youself. Even though my son is 6 I am not sure I am ready for him to do something like this on his own, lol! Although my son might be hesitant at first he probably would go, I on the other hand would be worried. I am usually not too protective about allowing him to do things on his own (he needs too) I don't know about sending him out on a boat himself. I read the description and it does not state adults are allowed, so I am assuming no. Does anyone know for sure? Has anyone allowed their younger children to go? How many CM's are aboard?

IwannabeAprincess
04-20-2007, 11:13 AM
The pool is great and so is the theme. Everything is vibrant with great music and hamocks. And those boats! Your kid will not be dissapointed and neither will you. Also if you're up to it, rent one of those bikes with the canopy and take a tour around on your first day.