PDA

View Full Version : Thank God You're Here

Marker
04-19-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm loving this show. It's the next best thing to "Whose Line Is It Anyway". But then I guess I'm just a huge fan of improv comedy.

I don't know if this show will survive, but I think it's really funny.

SBETigg
04-19-2007, 02:33 PM
I've been hoping that it gets a lot funnier. Some of it depends on the guest stars. I liked the first two shows I saw much better than the last one, which just wasn't very funny to me at all(with Shannon Elizabeth, Tom Green, Chelsea Handler, and George Takei). It's okay, but I'm only watching it when nothing else that interests me is on at this point. It's not must-see TV for me.

Marker
04-19-2007, 02:42 PM
To me, that's the beauty of improv, some are great, some struggle.

George Takei definitely stuggled, but managed to do "ok", but he's not a comedy guy, so watching him struggle to me was funny in itself.

I thought Chelsea Handler did a great job. Shannon Elizabeth did pretty good too, and I wasn't expecting much out of her.

Tom Green on the other hand, resorted to just doing goofy things, instead of playing along with the scene. I laughed some, but not really for his comedy input.

Previously, I though Wayne Night did GREAT (and I wasn't really expecting much). Also Harland Williams was hilarious.

Clotho
04-19-2007, 04:55 PM
See, and I thought that Harlan Williams also went for the goofy and potty humor. He had an accent, but beyond that he didn't really cater to the scene. I thought that he was second-to last (Jason Alexander was my least favorite).

I liked that guy whos name I can never remember best of all. He was hilarious--kept within the scene, never resorted to trying to be goofy/over the top, but just played the scene with subtlety and great humor. The woman was my second favorite, but I can't deny tht if she hadn't responded with "47", the entire scene wouldn't have been nearly as funny, so I gave her my second choice.

Advnt05
04-20-2007, 07:05 AM
Shannon Elizabeth with the banana was worth it all to me. However, the rest of the show was only "OK". There was never really any particular point where I felt like laughing. Improv is definitely a skill. I'm not sure if I could think on the spot and make it creative and funny as well.

January-2007
04-25-2007, 05:20 PM
We were so dissapointed with this show. We watched the first episode and decided not to waste any more time with it. It's too bad, we love comedy, it just didn't live up to the expectations. We really only watch tv a couple times a week anyway, so it's no huge loss. Glad to hear others are enjoying it though.