PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Discounts? AAA?

Goofy Pluto
04-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Hi everyone.

Back when we went in 2001, you could get like a 10% discount on purchases at DTD (at least WoD) using Am Ex. I know they don't do that any more for Am Ex, but can you get a discount anywhere simply using your Disney Visa card? What about using a AAA card (without a AAA package)? I've read some different things so I'm hoping someone can give me a definitive answer.

Also, why are the Am Ex discounts still listed if they haven't been offered for 4 years? Shouldn't it just be removed from Intercot?

Thanks.

Beast_fanatic
04-19-2007, 10:32 PM
In the past, you've been able to get a discount at World of Disney with your Disney Visa. I believe that you have to make a $25 minimum purchase, and some items are excluded from qualifying. As far as I know, this offer is still valid although it rarely appears on the Chase web-site.

As far as AAA is concerned, I know you can get discounts off of some tours, but I think further discounts require that you get a AAA Diamond card. To get the card, some AAA offices require that you book a package through them, other offices require that you buy tickets through them, and still others will give it to you just for asking. I'm not sure what all the discounts are with this card though.

Goofy Pluto
04-20-2007, 01:32 PM
In the past, you've been able to get a discount at World of Disney with your Disney Visa. I believe that you have to make a $25 minimum purchase, and some items are excluded from qualifying. As far as I know, this offer is still valid although it rarely appears on the Chase web-site.

So is this still valid? If I go to WoD this fall, will I get a discount on my purchases? (More than $25 shouldn't be a problem. ;) )

Goofy Pluto
04-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Anyone have a reply for me here? Thanks.

faline
04-23-2007, 07:38 PM
It was valid the last I knew. I just can't remember whether I used my Visa or my annual pass for the discount the last time I was there!