PDA

View Full Version : CRT vs. Askerhus

disneyfan328
04-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Hi all, this is my first post as a new member of intercot!!!

I wanted to know if anyone has any input on the Breakfastt Cinderella's royal table vs. the Askerhus princess Breakfast. We are coming last week of September during free dining and currently have ressie's for both, but not sure if its worth it? My DD7 is a HUGE princess fan so I knew that CRT would be a must for her, but is going to Askerhus worth it or would that be better served as a TS somewhere else?
We currently are booked at
CRT
Hollywood & Vine Lunch (for my DS5)
Planet Hollywood for my DD17
Crystal Palace
Teppanyaki for Dinner (x2)
Chef Mickey & Friends
My DH and I have only been to Disney once with our DD now 17 (she was 7 when we went) . This is her graduation Present :grad: and we are finally going back with all 3 of our kids and looking forward to what we hope will be a Magical Memorable vacation.

Any hints and tips are Greatly Appreciated. We are staying at POR in Alligator Bayou!

AuntDJ
04-19-2007, 01:40 PM
We did both on our trip(myself and an 8yr niece) and I considered it worth it.

Caitlyn (my niece) loved them both and would go to them over and over...Presonally I enjoyed Askerhus more. I am not sure why, I just did...

However, if going for the first time, with a princess of ANY age, I would recommend the castle for sure! If you can swing both, I would do that, as we had different princesses at each location...also, after the Norway breakfast, as we walked around world showcase, we saw the same princesses and they remembered us, so that was exciting!

Have Fun!
DJ

AuntDJ
04-19-2007, 01:43 PM
One more thing~ You didn't mention if you had a son, and if so, what his age is....If you decide to do both, perhaps you and the two girls could go to the castle (as it costs 2 table service) and then the whole family to Norway~ or vice versa...

Also~ Welcome to Intercot, I also came as a 2nd timer to WDW a couple of years ago and any question you have, someone here will be able to help you!

DJ

disneyfan328
04-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks for your quick response.

I do have a son he is 5. I also have an older daughter going with us who is 17. I know that we could split up, but my husband and I get more satisfaction of seeing the joy on the kids' faces, so I know he won't want to miss CRT. My son likes the princesses too. He is a Cinderella Fan so I am sure he will love it to. any suggestions for the other places we are eating? Thanks again. We booked the Hollywood & Vine Lunch for him as he loves Playhouse Disney. I also hear that some concerts with possibly the doodlebops ect. he will be in Heaven!! :mickey:

KAT1811
04-19-2007, 03:48 PM
For starters :welcome: to Intercot I think you're going to like it here! Oh, and :congrats: on your upcoming family trip!!! Now on to business.

We love CRT especially with a princess of your own. We haven't done NPD I did book it for our upcoming trip and then cancelled it. One princess breakfast is enough IMHO especially because there are so many fabulous restaurants to choose from. We will be in WDW for 11 nights and I still can't fit all of our favorites in! Many people here will argue that spending TS credits on breakfast isn't a good use of credits. I say if it's where you want to eat then go ahead and use them. We do.

Anyway, back on track. I would personally skip NPD and maybe add something special in for DS5. I did see that CRT is for DD7 and Planet Hollywood is for DD17 but there was nothing specifically for DS5. Maybe Sci Fi in MGM may appeal to him? (We have 3 princesses so I'm in unknown territory with a prince!) Maybe have him look over some restaurants you think he may find interesting and let him decide?

We are trying O'hana for dinner this year just because we've heard SO many good things on the boards. We travel to WDW often (this will be DD 2 yrs's third trip) and for some reason we have overlooked this treasure. From what I hear they have coconut races, hula lessons and a hula hoop contest? Could be fun for all of you. Plus the Lapu Lapu's are supposed to be fabulous (those are for the big kids).

There is always the Hoop Dee Doo Review in Fort Wilderness that is also tons of fun but takes 2 TS credits.

AuntDJ
04-19-2007, 05:04 PM
For the boy...I have been with an 8 yr old nephew...he really enjoyed the 50's prime time cafe at the MGM; but did not like the sci fi cafe. He also enjoyed Chef Mickey's so I think you are good there.

This last trip we had 2 girls and the 8yr old boy, and we did not include him in the Norway breakfast and I really think he was disappointed so I understand everyone going together!

I can't comment on the other locations as I have not eaten at them...

DJ

biodtl
04-26-2007, 02:52 PM
At CRT, the girls get wands and the boys get swords, so they aren't left out. The little boys we saw there seemed to enjoy it.

like2workout
04-26-2007, 03:42 PM
this is somewhat off the subject, but you mentioned staying at alligator bayou in port orleans. i've stayed there and LOVED it. trees everywhere - very beautiful and peaceful. enjoy! also, i've never been able to get into crt, but have been to akershus and was totally impressed by everything about it. we had the best and most attentive service from everyone involved there, including the princesses!

tyandskyesmom
04-27-2007, 11:35 AM
I'd say do both (although I might pay for CRt as I do not think it would be worth even 2 free TS credits). We have never been to the castle yet but we have thought about it. I think that is an experience for the castle not necessarily the princesses---unless you are crazy for Cinderella! I have seen pictures that look as if there is a lot of tables in a small space and I have heard reviews of food not being so good (now I get that you go to the castle for the princesses and the atmosphere but you still need decent food ...it is breakfast after all!), and of people feeling rushed. Plus, I have heard you get less princess there...

We did dinner at Akershus last time. We initially booked breakfast (because we were afraid of anything else) but we really really wanted to see Ariel with feet and knew she was a less frequent visitor of breakfast so we changed to dinner. We were very pleased withthe result! We got Ariel at the enterance! Skye was in heaven! And we got Aurora, Jasmine, Esmirelda, and Belle walking around. It was not crowded together and the princesses came by a few times. And someone came around also to make sure we'd seen all of them. We did not feel rushed and even the kids were happy with the food and really liked the cold bar (and they are a bit on the picky side). The waitress even offered up before anyone said anything about it ) that the would make an adult sized version of the kid's meals if we needed...we didn't. And this one is a lot cheaper!

I am still looking forward to eating in the castle some day but more for the atmosphere than the princesses. But we will be waiting until Skye is a little older so that she can really appretiate the whole thing.

So I say if you can do both, do them! I think they are two different experiences and will most likely have different princesses and obviously the castles are different. I don't think you will have princess overload...even Tyler loved seeing the princesses at dinner.

biodtl
04-27-2007, 12:14 PM
I have seen pictures that look as if there is a lot of tables in a small space and I have heard reviews of food not being so good
I've only been there for breakfast, but I thought the food was really good.

I didn't feel particularly crowded, either. I guess because once you are seated you don't really have tyo get up - just wait for the princesses to come to your table.

I'm thinking of trying Akershus next time, though - just for the variety. What is the food like for lunch/dinner? I'm concerned about my picky family with Norwegian food.