PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay at Coronado Springs?

Dedivah
04-19-2007, 11:30 AM
DH and I will be there in August for 7 nights. No kiddies this trip but we are meeting friends there.

We requested the preferred King/lake view. The pool is not important to us but we would like to be close to the bus pick up/lobby and food court.

What area should we request?

darthmacho
04-19-2007, 12:08 PM
If you prefer proximity to the main building instead of the pool, than the Casitas are probably a best bet, but I feel that the Cabanas are a great place for two adults to stay--very romantic. In any case, if you have a lake view, you should be ALL SET in that regard! :play: :thumbsup: :hug:

Crow
04-19-2007, 01:19 PM
i got the ranchos my stay before;while i dont think i liked the theming as much in that part, it was close to a bus stop. the long walk to the main building i didnt mind, but i may ask for a cabana or casita...probably no convention at that time (May 29-Jume 4) so i shouldnt have to worry about quiet. didnt notice conventioneers much my other stay
i did just hear about Franciscos being closed while im there and a rehab of Panchitos, so i will have to check whats goin on and see if the new drinking facility will b open. the pool bar is only til 8 or so i believe

KAT1811
04-19-2007, 03:18 PM
We stayed in the Cabanas last time and loved it. I didn't find anywhere in the hotel a long walk to the busses. Most of the time we used the main bus stop because we were coming from the Pepper Market. The problem with requesting one of the three areas is that they are comprised of a few buildings. I would ask for a room close to a bus stop rather than a certain building because you could end up at the farthest end of that building group not the closest. Plus they have that little golf cart type shuttle. Just try to catch one of them and have them bring you to the main stop, that way you won't have to walk at all.

mecarroll
04-19-2007, 06:07 PM
DW and I stayed in 8B last Dec. It was very close to the bus stop, not too long of a walk to the main building, short walk to the main pool (but not too close that we heard anything), close to a quiet pool, and had a lake view with EE in the background over at AK. It was SOOOO nice.

pixiegoose
04-19-2007, 07:34 PM
When my husband and I stayed last July, we were in Casitas 1, which is connected to the convention center and El Centro and extremely convenient to everything except the main pool. We didn't have any problems with loud conventioneers or anything and the walk to the main pool wasn't a problem, as the resort is so nice to walk around. :mickey:

grego77
04-19-2007, 10:12 PM
IMHO, Cabanas are the best place to stay...period. I love the Ranchos too (my personal favorite...most quiet and close to 2 of the bus stos), but they are a litter farther away. The Casitas are clumped together, and are on the opposite side of the property. I would request Cabanas bldg 8 or 9 (right at bus stop 4)...very beautiful area and relatively close to the lobby bldg.

Enjoy!:mickey:

TikiGoddess
04-20-2007, 08:09 AM
Another vote for Cabanas 8A or 8B... close to parking, bus stop, pool area, and close to the hammocks on the sandy beaches! We stayed in a king bed room on the ground floor of Cabanas 8A last summer and had a wonderful view across the lake of El Centro. It was quite a walk to the food court but I think anywhere you stay at CSR you're going to have a walk. We did see the golf carts stop right by our building a few times.

Have a great time, it's a beautiful resort!
TikiG