PDA

View Full Version : Why POP?

sunlyon
04-19-2007, 09:03 AM
For those of you that have stayed there, why is POP Century so popular? I have only stayed one night at the value resorts and hated it. Is Pop really different from the other 3?

Marker
04-19-2007, 09:11 AM
It's newer. It doesn't share a bus stop with any other resort. It's theming is unique - so some may just prefer POP's theming over others.

But, if you've stayed at a value resort and hated it, you'll probably hate POP too.

I've stayed at ASMo and POP. Liked them both. Overall, to me, not much different other than theming and such.

For September, we chose ASMu. Not because we didn't like the other two, but because we decided we stay at a value resort this time, and ASMu was one we hadn't tried yet. I would gladly go back to any of them.

disneymom15
04-19-2007, 09:39 AM
We have stayed at a value resort every trip but one. Pop is our favorite and then Music is second choice. Like the previous poster said, if you didn't like Music you probably won't like Pop. For us, we spend so little time at the resort that we can't see paying more money for an upgrade. The food court has a nice selection, the pool area is nice and Pop does have it's own bus service(we really like that), and of course, the CM's are always great.

hoop de do
04-19-2007, 11:28 AM
I could probably give you a better answer if I knew what you hated about the other value. We have stayed at the POP often and we love it. :unsure:

crazeedizneefinatic
04-19-2007, 11:30 AM
It really is no different than the other values. Same kid/family friendly layout & huge icons. You say you hated the other values. If the reason was the buses or the condition maybe you would like POP. Don't get me wrong. The buses are still crowded, you just don't have to wait and stop at other resorts before getting home from a long day at the park. POP is also newer, so that is why we choose it. I think people who choose values are people with families because there children will enjoy the huge icons and different water things or someone that would rather spend their money on good food rather than a place to sleep. POP has an area where the water shoots out of the ground (like in Epcot) and my son loves it. He is only 6 so we still "play". If you are looking for a more relaxed, quieter not so kiddy place to stay, than none of the value's are right for you.

Wolf
04-19-2007, 08:56 PM
If you dont like Value resorts dont go, Its still a Value resort. We love it because of the huge icons, great service and wonderfully layed out landscapping and family atmosphere. If you want a less family-themed, brightly colored, resorts deffinanltly try a mod or higher, for us we just sleep there and shower so its perfect.

Jerry2
04-19-2007, 10:14 PM
If you dont like Value resorts dont go, Its still a Value resort. We love it because of the huge icons, great service and wonderfully layed out landscapping and family atmosphere. If you want a less family-themed, brightly colored, resorts deffinanltly try a mod or higher, for us we just sleep there and shower so its perfect.

I agree 100%. We are big Value Resort fans. With only one child the slightly smaller room isn’t too much of a problem, and when my son was younger he loved the theming.

However the Value Resorts aren’t for everybody and if you don’t like the All-Stars, you probably won’t like the Pop. It really isn’t all that different.

Crow
04-19-2007, 10:36 PM
i agree w most of the above
Pop is newer, more centrally located than Allstars. has an inside bar by the food court as well as one by the pool. the 50s buildings are a good location for viewing fireworks from Epcot and having their own pool.
and its cheaper than mod or deluxe. if i could always afford i would go w the others, but i cant. and i dont spend as much time at the resorts.

mttafire
04-19-2007, 11:01 PM
We arent big fans of it either. IMHO, All star Movies is the best value going. We dont use Disney transportation (we drive the minivan to the parks) So,the bus thing isnt an issue. POP is ok but Movies is to us anyway IS VERY Disney.:mickey:

sunlyon
04-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks all! I was just curious since everyone is trying to get into Pop for the free dining. I don't think we will ever stay there, I love the moderates, but thanks for your opinions...:D

glenpreece
04-21-2007, 10:16 AM
I just wanted to join the chorus here. I always stay at Pop now because of its central location. Plus not sharing buses is a bonus. ASMu was nice kinda secluded etc but too far from everything for me to want to go back. Plus Pop is newer.

Pop Centurion
04-22-2007, 04:44 PM
To me Pop just seems to have better atmosphere.

TheMartellFamily
04-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Since we like POP so much, we have not had the opportunity to stay at the ASresorts. If you do not like the value resorts then as stated then you probabally will not like it. What could be suggested is that if you do have time since it has a bus from all the parks directly there go visit it for a little while and see how you feel. We just like it since there is just so much to offer. Great food court. Ideal bus sustem to the parks. Large resort but never to far from the main buildings. Three pools and a water play area. Now the rooms are on the small side but we always manage we are only there to sleep and that is it. It is just what we like in a resort and it is great getting a resort like it on Disney property without paying the higher prices of which we are not accustomed to.