PDA

View Full Version : First time stay at a DVC

tink55
04-19-2007, 08:57 AM
We've stayed at almost all of the moderate and deluxe resorts at WDW but have never stayed DVC. I'd like to try DVC accomodations next January - can a seasoned DVC vacationer can recommend where to stay for the best experience? There are 5 of us, so we would need a 2-bedroom. Which DVC resort do you think has the nicest rooms & atmosphere?

disneycouple2004
04-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Saratoga Springs or Old Key West are our favorites..we have tried them all and these 2 top our list...with SSR having a slight advantage..they are brand new and within walking distance of DD...:thumbsup:
i am sure others will post their favorites too..
but you can choose whats right for you and your family, anyways you really can't go wrong with any DVC resort...:D
have a great time !!

satchel01
04-19-2007, 11:27 AM
The only DVC I've tried is OKW so my opinion is limited, but we did love it. It was so homey and beautiful. Our 1br was VERY roomy, the full-size washer/dryer was a lifesafer, the boat trip to DTD was very nice, staff was friendly, busses were good, I really can't think of anything bad at this resort.

DizNee143
04-19-2007, 11:56 AM
im a huge fan for the Boardwalk!! its an absolute great resort..it has a night life and thats what i love about it...if you come back from the parks and dont feel like going to the room right away...theres stuff to do on the boardwalk...its great...i dont know..i just fell in love with this resort...its great...and its really close to epoct and mgm...:mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
04-19-2007, 12:39 PM
You really cannot go wrong with any of the on-site VC locations at Disney. They are all awesome. So what I would suggest is you take a look at how the 5 of you are expecting to spend your time there, then pick the best location. For example, our favorite is the Beach Club, mostly because the kids love the pool and the location is perfect for spending lots of time at EPCOT and MGM. If you are not concerned about a pool in January (we visit in January often, and it is rare we don't have a trip, even in January, where we get a day or two to swim), then don't worry about BC. If EPCOT/MGM are important to you, you could also try Boardwalk. If quiet and a slightly larger room are important, I would highly recommend OKW. If you plan to spend time at Downtown Disney (perhaps dinner there or time at Pleasure Island), then Saratoga might be a good choice, since you can easily walk between SS and DTD. And if the more rustic and quiet feel of Wilderness Lodge sounds appealing (it might also be the closest to the Magic Kingdom), give that a try. So I recommend you think about your plans and then pick accordingly. Have a great time.

pox24
04-19-2007, 03:14 PM
The two bedrooms are usually a studio and and a one bedroom joined with a door. Its very spacious for five. As far as where to stay let me make this suggestion. All the DVC resorts are large and beautiful. Choosing which one can be difficult, depending upon the activities you have in mind. The Boardwalk Villas offer the most and here's why:
1. You can walk to Epcot and MGM, if not its a short boat ride.
2. There are over 12 wonderful places to eat, all within a short walk.
3. The pools are great.
4. If you want to visit the Magic Kingdom. you can drive, take the bus(yuk), or walk into Epcot and take the monorail to the TTC and then switch to the MK train. It will probably take 45 minutes, but by the time you drive, park, tram over etc., it will be at least that long
For AK its bus or drive.
5.The night time fun at the BW is not to be believed. Shows, piano players, jugglers, comics, dancing at the Atlantic, Dueling pianos at Jellyrolls,( adults only), ESPN Club, fireworks,
and all the Boardwalk carnival games every night. We spent a week there last September and had it was one of our most memorable stays in the many times we have visited WDW.
I hope you have great trip.

Maleficent's Dad
04-19-2007, 09:39 PM
While all DVC's have some great perks, they're also all very different. You'll find them spacious, and if you're in the 2BR as you plan, you'll have a full kitchen, washer/dryer, etc...

As for resorts:
1. OKW - by far, the largest accomodations on Disney's property. The 2 BR's here are significantly larger than 2BR's in any other locations! The resort is sprawling and laid back; it doesn't have that "hustle and bustle" feel that many other resorts do. The theme is subtle and the resort is comfortable.

2. BC - our favorite. Reason is simple: LOCATION! It's a five minute (literally) walk into EPCOT. It's also adjacent to the BW and not far from MGM. We love Cape May Cafe here in addition to SAB.

3. BW - our home and second favorite - great location, just a bit further than BC for EPCOT and no SAB. Alas, Luna Park (pool) is a load of fun, too!

3. VWL - Incredible theme. Incredible theme. Incredible theme. Love the resort itself. Love the dining. Don't love the location. Don't feel there's enough pool space.

4. SSR - Although we now own a bunch of points here, it's our least favorite (probably because we visited when there was still a LOT of construction going on). It gets better and better reviews so we'll be trying it again soon. It also has a great location if you like to golf!

So if you've gotten this far, you've read a very brief overview on the DVC resorts.
Best location? BC.
Best theme? WL.
But you're asking about the best rooms - and that's easy - OKW! There can (almost) be no debating this one! ;)

tink55
04-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Thanks for all the great info! We are big fans of the Epcot resorts, but just to try something different, we may go with OKW or SSR. I may have to flip a coin.