PDA

View Full Version : who's been to the movie theatre?

busterthebronco
04-18-2007, 06:52 PM
its great!:thumbsup:
we go every trip.
the seats are perfect and its loud. one of my pet peeves is when the turn the volume down in theatres.

MinnieMommie
04-18-2007, 07:15 PM
I go every trip. I'm both a movie lover and a lover of this particular AMC with 24 screens. The stadium seating is so comfortable and the sound system, developed by George Lucas, is magnificent. :mickey:

Disneyfun
04-18-2007, 07:41 PM
AMC 24 at Pleasure Island is nice, albeit a bit overpriced compared to other theatre's in the area.
Just be wary of attending any of the late night showings as the AC system is completely automated. On more than one occasion, including the premier of Star Wars Phanom Menace, the AC would shut off in the middle of the movie. The temp would jump 10 -15 degrees almost immediately. :( Very uncomfortable!

thejens
04-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Who could spend time in the movies while at WDW?????

dolphinmickey9170
04-20-2007, 09:28 PM
The movies are a great place to kill a few rainy hours.....Love IT!!!!

My peeve, those who kick the back of your seat. Please don't kick....and don't allow your children to do so either.....extremely annoying.....for those of us with ADHD, just a quick kick of my seat distracts me.

KAT1811
04-20-2007, 09:38 PM
We saw the first Pirates of the Caribbean there and loved it. We usually go for two weeks so some times you look for something different to do.

I do wish that they would play some more Disney classics. I would love to see Bedknobs and Broomsticks on the big screen!

battle beast
04-21-2007, 12:32 AM
If I am going to be traveling 4,600 Kilometers to go to WDW, I sure as heck ain't gonna go see a movie I can see at home!:nope: :noway:

2Epcot
04-21-2007, 01:01 AM
If I am going to be traveling 4,600 Kilometers to go to WDW, I sure as heck ain't gonna go see a movie I can see at home!:nope: :noway:

I'm kind of the same way. I've never been to the movie theater at WDW. I love movies, but it never crosses my mind to take time from my Disney trip to see them there.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
04-21-2007, 09:54 PM
We love it too! We had one extremely rainy day and we spent half a day at Disney Quest and then took in a movie. It was really enjoyable and a nice super relaxing, out of the way break for us. We never thought that we would go to see a movie on vacation, but we found it to be a neat treat!
We hope to do it again when we go back in 150 days!
Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave: :wave: :wave:

Meteora
04-22-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm kind of the same way. I've never been to the movie theater at WDW. I love movies, but it never crosses my mind to take time from my Disney trip to see them there.

It depends on what kind of trip you're taking. When I go I usually plan to stay in the area for a week, but only go into the park for three or four of those days. I'm in my twenties and it doesn't take me an entire week to see evrything I want to see in the parks. On my "off" days I enjoy seeing a movie--the movie theater really is an extremely nice one, far superior to the ones near my house at home, and has a great selection of movies. On a rainy or extremely hot day, it can be lovely to go see a movie and then stop at the Earl of Sandwich or Ghiradelli for a post-movie treat.

The parks are great, but the Disney property has a lot to offer beyond them as well. It can be a lot of fun to spend a few non-park days exploring other sections of the World.

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Yeah i love it at that theatre, it's so big! :D

Melanie
04-22-2007, 10:16 PM

To each his own!

We took in the last Star Wars movie when we were down a couple of years ago. It was a rainy day and going to the movies was perfect! :thumbsup:

TIdoubleGR
04-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Looking forward to seeing the premier of Ratatoille (sp?) there!

jillluvsdisney
04-24-2007, 04:30 PM
We enjoy going to a movie at DTD. We actually have planned the last two trips to include movie time. The whole family went to see The Incredibles and last year we saw Happy Feet.

For us, it's a nice non park day activity that gives us some time off our feet and out of the sun. We combine lunch and shopping and make DTD our whole day.

January-2007
04-25-2007, 11:17 AM
I do wish that they would play some more Disney classics. I would love to see Bedknobs and Broomsticks on the big screen!

How cool would that be? I saw the Princess Diaries the day it came out at the theater in Disneyland... does that count? I wouldn't be totally opposed to seeing a movie there, since we never go to the movies here, it would still be something different. If something was playing and we wanted to see it, why not? I don't think I have at WDW yet though....

DizNee143
04-25-2007, 11:46 AM
i use to think like that...not anymore though!! WOW..is all i can say..is an awesome theatre they have!! it so big and has the most comfy seats!!..and lots of people plan no park days...so it something to do on those days...i try to get there at least once each trip...if only the theatres here in jersy could be like that one!! :mickey:

Figgyluv03
04-25-2007, 12:39 PM
I've been there once. They give a pretty good CM discount. A bunch of us had off one night and it doing the slow season, so we all went and watched Jay & Silent Bob strick back. We were the only ones in the theater and we had such a blast. We all sprawled out everwhere since the armrest go up and down! I don't know if they still have those seats, but the theaters up here in Jersey need to invest in that!

pianobabe
04-25-2007, 12:53 PM
A couple of years ago my son wanted to go see one of the Harry Potter movies that had just come out. I told him if they had it showing anytime soon we would. You have to think about this, our movie theater has 4 screens which during the week MAY have one showing a night. When we walked up and saw all the screens showing HP at all these different times, I was in AWE. The only time I have ever felt like a "tourist" at WDW, was standing in the lobby and looking around. I had never been in a theater that big. I thought everything was amazing. When we go to the theater, it is on the day we have been to AK. Since AK closes at 5 when we are down, I don't feel like we are wasting any park time. It is part of our Downtown Disney downtime. :thumbsup:

adamsfam5
04-30-2007, 12:18 PM
How much is an adult ticket at the theater?

2Epcot
04-30-2007, 12:48 PM
i WOW..is all i can say..is an awesome theatre they have!! it so big and has the most comfy seats!!..and lots of people plan no park days...so it something to do on those days...i try to get there at least once each trip...if only the theatres here in jersy could be like that one!! :mickey:

The only time I have ever felt like a "tourist" at WDW, was standing in the lobby and looking around. I had never been in a theater that big. I thought everything was amazing.

I guess maybe I'm used to going to very nice theaters. I grew up in Arizona which is one of the most over-screened markets in the country ... Though they keep them filled. I loved the new AMC theaters when they first came out around the mid 90s, but Dan Harkins (AZ theater master) has built several dozen beautiful theaters around the state, and beyond, out doing anything I've seen from AMC. Here in CA I lived just down the street from Disney's El Capitan theater for 7 years, so maybe I'm a little spoiled. When I come to WDW, I kind of feel like the other poster, I'm there to do things I can't do at home.