PDA

View Full Version : What room to request at POP?

disneynarula
04-18-2007, 03:08 PM
We are staying at POP this September. We did not pay for a prefered room because DH is cheap. What room should I request?

We would like to be fairly close to the bus stop but closer too a parking lot is probably more important.

We will be hauling our sit and stand stroller and do not want to bug people with it on the bus. We will probably be driving to a majority of the parks.

We will also want a non smoking building.

Crow
04-18-2007, 10:27 PM
ive stayed 3 times in the 50s buildings. has parking behind. close to main building where the food court and buses are. has its own pool.
im hoping for that area again

PracticallyPerfectMollie
04-19-2007, 09:18 AM
I agree, 50s is great. We were close to the parking lot and the main building and pool side. The 70s, 80s, or 90s may be close to parking, I'm not sure. I know the 70s is close to that water fountain thing that kids can play in.

Lorraine444
04-19-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm staying @ Pop as well in Aug. I believe I requested a 60's room (preferred).
Does anyone have a good map of POP?

January-2007
04-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Does anyone have a good map of POP?

This is the map Intercot has under "resorts" (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/popcentury.jpg) hope that helps.

Goofy Pluto
04-19-2007, 01:09 PM
It looks like most of the rooms are at least close to the central building, except maybe the 90s. That's looks further out.

Anyone know where the Generational Gap Bridge crossing Hourglass Lake leads to?

Crow
04-19-2007, 01:12 PM
the bridge leads to nowhere right now...it has a blockage at the end but actually leads to the other buildings, the Golden years that havent been finished yet. hopefully they will b soon.

Lorraine444
04-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the map, I had looked @ that one before but just didn't think to blow it up!
Now I can actually see it.
Sorry for the Duh moment! :confused:

Soul_Power
04-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Hey everyone, my boyfriend and I didn't pay for the preferred room either. We actually want to stay in the 80s building even if it's kind of "out there" because it would be more fun since we were born in those years. Has anyone stayed in that building and have any suggestions for a potential room for us?

One more thing: Would I be able to ask for a room closer to the elevators? Is that possible?

Pop Centurion
04-22-2007, 04:41 PM
The 80's building isn't that bad. I stayed in the 90's building and only had to cut across the 70's parking lot to get to the buss stop. Of course if you're in building "A" in the end closer to the lake then you'll have a farther walk. You can request a room closer to the elevators or even a 1st floor room if you prefer but there's no guarantee you'll get it.

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
04-22-2007, 06:45 PM
I stayed in the 90's building and only had to cut across the 70's parking lot to get to the buss stop.

:ditto: Very short walk right through the parking lot. Even with 70 yr. old parents in tow.:mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
04-22-2007, 07:14 PM
The 50's buildings are great. This is where we stayed. However, we had a preferred room. In exploring the resort, I think that you would be ok in the 70's or the 80's buildings also without too long of a walk to the busses and parking lot. If you want to be close the the dining hall, then go for 70's. I would highly recommend that you request being opposite of pool side if you want to get some peace during the evening.

Vinny
04-23-2007, 10:06 AM
If you can, try to get a room in the 70's section, either behind the giant big wheel or Mickey telephone. I have requested this section the last 4 times I have been to POP and again for my upcoming trip in June. The rooms in the 70's section are a very short walk to the food court, pool area, bus stops, front desk and parking lot. I have also stayed in the preferred room section at POP and saw no real advantage. Even though I was just in the next building over, it still took me about the same time or a little longer to get to the main building than it does from the 70's section. Have a great trip!!:mickey:

Melanie
04-24-2007, 03:40 AM
I've stayed in the 70s and the 80s sections, and prefer the 70s. We had a great location close to Classic Hall. Really though, 80s wasn't that bad of a walk. Plus it's a fun walk!