PDA

View Full Version : ADR's and DDP

DisneyCouple07
04-18-2007, 02:47 PM
My wife and I spent our honeymoon at WDW last September and are spending our first anniversary there this year. We did not know about the free DDP (wish my travel agent would have told us about it:( ), and had no problems making ADRs (most of them the day of). Only on the first day we had a slight issue finding a place for dinner, but we were suggested to go to the Brown Derby and were delighted :D . This time around I found out about the free DDP (thank you Intercot :number1: ), and have made our ADR for the first night (Brown Derby).

My question(s), is it much more difficult to get ADRs while on the DDP? Is it much harder to get with a 3rd person? and (have been reading the boards) does having the DDP affect service? Thanks in advance for any help. :mickey:

faline
04-18-2007, 03:19 PM
If you make your reservations in advance, it should be no more difficult to get the reservations you want with, or without, the free dining. On the other hand, if you're trying to make last minute reservations, you might have more trouble or not be able to make reservations at all.

My experience with the free dining plan occurred the first year it was offered. I found that service was quite a bit slower than usual and wait times for seatings and meals were longer than I was used to. I'm not sure if this was a product of people learning the new systems and/or an unanticipated response to the free dining offer.

disneyfan328
04-21-2007, 09:23 PM
My DH and our 3 kids are all going in September and I can tell you that booking for a party of 5 and getting everything on the days we wanted was a little bit of a challenge. I did my ADR's 2 days after booking the free dining plan and had to change days in the MK to get CRT. Everything else went pretty ok, but I can imagine now a week or so later with everyone booking that it is going to be harder and harder the closer you get to the time. :mickey: I hope everyone plans ahead or I am sure that they will be turning people away from the TS places!!