PDA

View Full Version : Crowd levels last week of Aug.

IndianaDisneyFan
04-18-2007, 02:23 PM
I have a friend that is considering a Trip the last week of Aug. That is the first week of free dining. I have never been during this week. I was wondering what the crowds are like during this time. I know here in Indiana we go back to school the 2nd week of Aug. but I know that there are some schools that don't go back until after Labor Day. I thought that might mean the crowds are larger. Thanks for the info.

faline
04-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Crowds drop off considerably at the end of August. We've found this to be quite a nice time to be there as many schools are alread in session or about to go back into session.

I suppose the free dining will push crowd levels up a bit but think folks will find the crowds quite manageable except for Labor Day weekend - particularly in the Magic Kingdom.

Jasper
04-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Any time Disney does a program like free dining you can almost always be sure it is being done because it is a slow time and they are trying to intice people to visit at that time. This can be a double edged sword. . . while this is normally a fairly slow time, with the free dining plan there will be an increase. I think you will find moderate levels.

Have fun!

alpro2
04-18-2007, 06:52 PM
I was there the last two years at that time during Free Dining. Crowds were low.

richardsa98
04-18-2007, 07:40 PM
We love the last week of August....crowds are low and for those non DVCers out there, the food is free:mickey: Enjoy!!!!