PDA

View Full Version : Best Place To View Wishes From The Poly

MMouse6937
04-18-2007, 10:30 AM
We have an ADR at Ohanas on one of the nights Wishes is going to be presented. Our ADR is at 6:30 pm so I don't think we'll stay long enough in the restaurant to see it from there, but we thought we might walk around the grounds a little bit and then try to catch the show. Where is the best place to see the fireworks? Anywhere that the music is being piped in? I would appreciate any insight that you Poly experts might have. Thanks :thumbsup:

faline
04-18-2007, 10:37 AM
The beach at the Poly is the best place to view the fireworks!

SBETigg
04-18-2007, 12:29 PM
The beach has plenty of places to sit. We like to grab a few chairs, stretch out, and watch the show. You can hear the Wishes music faintly from across the park. But if you really want to hear it, you need to stick by the pool area. The only speaker we found was located closer to the pool, along the beach there. Also, if you're out there at 9-ish, you can catch the Electric Water Pageant, which is so fun!

MMouse6937
04-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Sherri, so if the fireworks are at 9:00 is the water pagent before or after that? We missed that when we stayed at the Poly for our honeymoon (cuz I'm a dork and didn't know anything about it :blush: ) So I would love to catch it this time around. Thanks for the info!!

Pastcastmemberdaughter
04-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Here's some information I found on Intercot's Info page about the water pagent.
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/accomodations/electricalwaterpagent.asp

SBETigg
04-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Usually, they will delay the water pageant if the fireworks are at the same time, but sometimes they will do it first. You can see the boats for the water pageant coming across the lagoon from the storage area near the GF. So count on the pageant being about fifteen minutes pre fireworks, or going on right afterwards. If you miss it at the Poly, it heads for the Grand Floridian beach next, and it's easy to head over there to catch it (probably by monorail, as the boat launches pause while the pageant is going on and moving around.)

You can't count on the Poly desk CMs to know.
Last time we were there wondering what would happen if the fireworks were scheduled for the same time, the front desk CMs had never heard of the Water Pageant! Can you believe it? We were shocked. Shouldn't they know that kind of thing?

phillydan
04-18-2007, 01:31 PM
As the others stated, the beach is the best spot. We also watched it one night from the pool.

Side note: we flew into Tampa from Philly in the evening and then had to drive 90 minutes to the Poly in a fierce thunder storm; the weather finally cleared just as we arrived in the Orlando area. Due to driving in the dark and in the rain and on unfamiliar roads that were under construction, the stress level was at an all time high when we finally pulled into the Poly about 9:55.

Then it happened...the CM refused to check us in...instead, she gave us all lei's and dragged us across the lobby and sent us directly to the beach to watch the show.

Nothing like starting the magic right away.
:cloud9:

celebrationasheley
04-18-2007, 03:53 PM
A few times I was at Ohana's. A good clear view, until the last time where a big tree was growing in front of the window.:mickey:

Tick-Tock
04-18-2007, 03:56 PM
If you're going to the beach, stay away from the luau area. We couldn't have heard the Wishes music at all, even if it had been piped in, and the show isn't the same with the luau noise!

tinksmom02
04-18-2007, 04:55 PM
We have ADR's for Ohana's at 6:35; Wishes will be at 8. How fast does this meal typically take? Will we be able to watch Wishes from Ohana's, or do you think we'll have enough time to get to the beach?

Should I try to change the ADR to an earlier time?

:confused:

Thanks!

tink55
04-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Sherri, so if the fireworks are at 9:00 is the water pagent before or after that? We missed that when we stayed at the Poly for our honeymoon (cuz I'm a dork and didn't know anything about it :blush: ) So I would love to catch it this time around. Thanks for the info!!

We were at the Poly in December '06 and March '07, and the water pageant was going on at exactly the same time as the fireworks... a doubleheader!! We watched from the beach near our longhouse, and it was spectacular.

KellAnneL
04-19-2007, 08:49 AM
If you walk down the beach at the Poly, there are several hammocks down toward the boat dock to the MK. It's somewhat quiet. (My recommended spot for viewing Wishes!:thumbsup: )

When we were there in 2005, our room was right behind the hammock. More than once we watched Wishes from there. We didn't hear the music, but didn't need to--we could hear the magic playing in our heads! We could even see Tinker Bell leaving the castle one night.

I relax just thinking about it!!:cloud9:

Dicecatt262
04-19-2007, 09:13 AM
I didn't read all of the other replies...but in my opinion, the best spot is...go out to the beach and walk to the right. There is a big hill that separates 2 beaches. On top of the hill is great viewing...it is in front of Tokelau I believe. If you want sand, go over the hill and sit in front of Tahiti.

In front of the Volcano pool is great viewing, but noisy...every time we've watched from there we get a family that wants to keep standing up, and talking loudly, pretty much in front of everyone else while their kids terrorize everything on the beach, oblivious to the gorgeous fireworks exploding, or the Water Pageant. I always move to the right of the beach and it is wonderful!

busterthebronco
04-19-2007, 03:57 PM
DS and i watch it from IN the pool.
the music is piped in underwater.
the zero entry makes a great horizon!:thumbsup:

castlelady36
04-19-2007, 04:28 PM
We watched from the smaller not as well known beach and though you cannot hear the music we were the only ones there and my girls were building sand castles and running around before the fireworks started and we were totally alone!! It was like our own private show....we did watch from the other beach too but with the noise of others it was hard to hear the music. :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
04-19-2007, 09:49 PM
After 16 years at the Poly, its easy to say anywhere on the beach. The music is piped in nearer to the pool but on most nights you can hear the music across the lagoon (out of synch a bit but there).

The water pageant varies as someone said and we've seen nights when it didn't appear at the Poly. The boats pulled up, the fireworks went off and when they ended the pageant boats left with no show. Don't know why but it occasionally happens.

BigBaloo
04-20-2007, 12:21 PM
We like to go out on the hill between the 2 beaches. I think it's called Honeymoon Point or something like that. If you're walking from the pool w/ the beach to your left you'll come up to where the walkway split & you can make a left. It goes out to this point & ends there. There is a great view of the castle & it's great because there usually isn't anyone else there.