PDA

View Full Version : Why all the complaints about the DDP??

goofysbabe
04-18-2007, 09:17 AM
I come to this site several times a day to get my WDW fix and catch up on what's going on. I keep reading several complaints about the DDP. Just out of being nosey - why all the complaints? We were on the dining plan for the first time for our trip in August. We had great service, excellent food and was able to enjoy some meals we might not have been able to otherwise. I keep hearing about the service - how bad it is - I didn't see it - and it was really busy while we were there. The post about a restaurant closing in WS - lots of people complaining about service and food - can someone fill me in on what's going on?????

------Just wondering ----------

faline
04-18-2007, 09:29 AM
I think the popularity of the dining plan has led to a couple of things which causes the complaints:

1. It if far less likely that you can now plan your dining on the spur of the moment. In years past, it was always possible to get same day, last minute table service reservations even at some of the most popular locations. This is often not true now.

2. The restaurants are far more busy than they used to be leading to wait staff that are spread a bit too thin - particularly at heavy dining hours leading to complaints of less than stellar service and/or longer wait times to be seated and/or served.

onjbj
04-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Personally, I LOVE the DDP- esp when it's free! We used it for the first time last year and found all of the food to be wonderful, great service, and some waits that were longer than we'd have liked, but I didn't blame that on the DDP. We definitely ate at places we wouldn't have if we didn't have the DDP- I think it makes the trip a lot more economical and it's one less thing to think about. If you plan ahead, even getting ressies shouldn't be too much of a problem esp if you are able to be flexible with your dining times. But this is just my opinion, I'm sure others would disagree.