PDA

View Full Version : Tornado was 2 miles away from us.

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-18-2007, 12:13 AM
Just to let everyone know, we are all right after Fridays tornados. We did have major damage to our roof and minor to our van. The Tornado that went down near us was only 2 miles south of us, we all thought it would come north, right for us, but thank God it didn't. We did get hail the size of golf ball to Baseball in are yard and it made all are yards look liked it snowed. Everyones Skylights, roofs, and AC units are all damaged.

Just thank God I did die or nothing. :(

terri.m
04-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Glad you're ok! I have a friend in Dallas and I guess they touched down about 4 miles from her place. I can't imagine how scared you all must have been.

PinkJJ
04-18-2007, 01:29 AM
I am glad you are ok! I have never seen a real big tornado. I live by the Rocky Mountains and so they don't really form here too often, but I imagine they are terrifying. Sorry your house got some damage :(

Blue Genie
04-18-2007, 01:33 AM
Sorry to here that girl like you said think God that you are still with us. It would be hard to loose a inside out memeber to something this bad.:thumbsup:

Chescat
04-18-2007, 01:37 AM
Wow, glad you guys are safe. That had to be really scary. Sorry about the damage but a least everyone is okay.

RenDuran
04-18-2007, 10:47 AM
Glad you got through the tornado okay. Houses and cars can be fixed. My cousin lived through a tornado years ago in Kansas....she said it was the scariest thing she ever went through.

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Thank you! I'm glad i am alright too. When I heard the hail it sarced me, I thought it was (bit it didn't) going stright trough our roof & skylight. it was probably the most scarist moment of all time for me.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Oh Disney! That must have been really scary. :pixie: that you get your house fixed, and hope that it doesn't happen again!

TinkRocks
04-20-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm just glad you guys are ok. Things can be repaired, but people are irreplaceable.

Even though a tornado would be an 'interesting' experience, I'll stick with watching them on TV.

bigpapiortiz34
04-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Phew, I am glad you guys are okay. Sending some pixie dust to help re-build everything that got damaged in the storm (thank goodness we don't have to fix you!)

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Tuesday we had another storm worse then before we had 2 funal clouds go right of our house. No hail, but lot of really bad winds. It was pretty bad some homes got some roofs taking off, and alot of people that did get there roofs off didn't even know it was coming. The tornado came out of now where for them. No one got hurt, thank goodness.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-27-2007, 01:18 AM
Oh no! It's tornado month I guess :( :pixie: again and it's good to hear that no one was hurt :mickey:

WED1901
04-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Glad you guys dodged the bullet! They are horrifying to watch roll by. Be safe!

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-30-2007, 09:05 PM
yeah it's getting scary around here we have another set of stroms this week as well but it's spouse to happen monday trough friday. :( :hide: