PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland not at WDW in a day?

jiifigment
04-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Ok. This may be a REALLY dumb question, but I have to ask. :blush:

Is it possible to do all of the stuff in Disneyland and California Adventure that's not at WDW in a day in July?

We love WDW and have been many times (see signature) but we always go off season. This summer is my son's last in the family before he goes off to college, so we're doing something different. We're doing a National Parks tour of the southwest. As a result we'll end up near LA July 4th week.

I have NO desire to do everything at Disneyland in July. However, if it were doable with a 1 day park hopper to only do the things that were different from WDW attractions, we might be there at park opening and try to do the mad dash. Is this even reasonable? (I haven't been to DL since 1983, and the rest of the family has never been.)

Let me add, we did WDW in April of 1997 (spring break) and HATED Magic Kingdom! We had strollers running over our feet, kids screaming, and lines over 2 hours long in the Florida heat. It was a waste of money and time. I'm betting this would be too, but I have to ask because my kids are (my fault) Disney addicts! :)

Thanks all,
:mickey:

NotaGeek
04-17-2007, 02:53 PM
If you take advantage of the fast pass system and ride the big rides first thing in the morning you can definitely do major attractions at both parks in one day! The great thing about DLR is that you can walk back and forth between the parks if necessary ... no buses! Just plan a whole day and go for it! :thumbsup:

thrillme
04-17-2007, 02:59 PM
If you get an early start and stick with ONLY the things that are not at Disney World...You probably will be able to knock out a lot. Get Fast passes for Indiana Jones and Space Mountain (yes Space Mountain is at MK but it's a little different...smoother...at DisneyLand) and Soarin.

We did it in July "unintentionally" during the big 50th anniversary celebration and we did pretty good. When we made our plans we didn't know about the big "event". We showed up smack dab the day after D-Day. Space Mountain and Soarin was our biggest issue. I think they had just refabed it that year for the anniversary.

The parks are easily "walkable" to get to one another.

Carol
04-17-2007, 09:49 PM
You must also remember that even if the name of the attraction is the same as Disney World the versions at Disneyland are much, much better.

BrerGnat
05-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Carol is right. You can't go by name alone. MANY of the DL versions are WAY better and if not better, different enough to warrant a ride.

Among them:

Space Mountain!!!!!!

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Peter Pan at DL is head and shoulders above and beyond the one at WDW. This one doesn't have FP. I'd do it first! Right after you get your Space Mountain Fast pass!

Tiki Room

Pirates of the Caribbean

Jungle Cruise

Haunted Mansion

Tower of Terror

If you start early, and stay the whole day, you will be surprised how much you can do at both parks.