PDA

View Full Version : Shrek the Third

Christine
04-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Who else is looking forward to this next month? 1 & 2 definitely did not disappoint, and the trailers to #3 look hilarious!

We will definitely be there on opening night!:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
04-17-2007, 12:00 PM
We are! It is a long weekend here in Canada, and also DS8's birthday weekend....We have gone to see the opening of each of the Shrek movies as our family birthday outing....and this one will be no different (except that we will bring DS3). Isn't Puss In Boots dreamy? :heart:

murphy1
04-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Between this and PotC3 am very excited about the movies coming up! My little one is obsessed with watching Shrek all the time!

Shari

baldburke
04-17-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm sure we will see it with the kids. But I thought the story line was weak for Shrek 2 compared to the original. It just seemed like a lot of stuff strung together for effect. They would have rather gone out of their way to get a pop culture reference than to have a stronger story. Hopefully The Third will be better, but it is unlikely.

In fact, it will be interesting to see what becomes of Dreamworks Animation, once a Wall Street Darling, if the Shrek franchise goes south. I can think of any other true standout Dreamworks pics of Pixar quality.

crazy4disneyworld
04-17-2007, 08:25 PM
I loved the first movie, but I was very disappointed by the second one. The "Shrek the Third" trailer confused me (true king??? where does that come from?) and I wasn't very impressed by it overall (which is not good for this one because the "Shrek 2" trailer made me want to see it).

Christine
04-18-2007, 12:17 AM
In fact, it will be interesting to see what becomes of Dreamworks Animation, once a Wall Street Darling, if the Shrek franchise goes south. I can think of any other true standout Dreamworks pics of Pixar quality.

If youo're right, they still have another chance with "Bee Movie", an animated movie starring Jerry Seinfeld as the bee.

You can see teaser trailers to that on Shrek 3's website too.

imaprincess!
04-22-2007, 08:40 AM
I am definitely looking forward to this movie. It looks hysterical! I think the other Shrek movies were equally funny. I just love Puss In Boots!

PirateLover
04-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Loved Shrek 1 and 2 but for some reason the trailers for Shrek 3 aren't doing it for me. It seems like they are trying too hard if that makes any sense. Most of the time I don't like it when things are random just for the sake of being random (this is my main problem with Family Guy). I am sure we will see it eventually but it is not on the top of my summer movies list. I am looking forward more to Spider-Man 3, POTC: At World's End, and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Bethis26fan
05-18-2007, 11:46 PM
I saw it tonight. It was cute not as good as the others but still funny.

Jeff G
05-19-2007, 12:42 AM
I took the kids to the local drive tonight to see Shrek x3 and DW and I agree that is was more of the same with a weak plot line, in short a dissapointment. The kids on the other hand loved it.

On a positive note the trailer for "Bee Movie" was good.

Belle--86
05-19-2007, 12:48 AM
We went to see it last evening , it was cute --there are some funny moments but we feel the first one was better. The kids enjoyed it.

jennbunn
05-19-2007, 08:51 AM
we went yesterday and i thought it was o.k. not as funny as the other two.the bee movie trailer looks funny.

kmo84
05-19-2007, 09:35 AM
I saw it last night.

It just wasn't funny.

Very disappointing.:(

Christine
05-19-2007, 12:00 PM
We saw it yesterday and we thought it was cute. It wasn't as strong as numbers 1 & 2, but it was still good.

There were several "laugh out loud" parts and plenty of pop-culture references just like it's predecessors.

I don't think it deserves the really harsh criticism the critics are giving it. It's no Oscar worthy picture, but it was a fun way to spend 2 hours. I give it a :thumbsup: !

sunlyon
05-20-2007, 06:45 AM
I have to agree, it is good and we enjoyed it. However I judge movies by whether I would pay the price of admission again or wait for the video... I'll wait for the video.

LibertyTreeGal
05-20-2007, 06:04 PM
disappointing.............. very contrived......

Momof2boys
05-22-2007, 02:36 PM
We went Saturday night to see it. I still like the first one the best. However I did find myself giggling at some parts . . . I heard that there is already a 4 & 5 in the works.

mtown71
06-11-2007, 05:02 PM
My sis & I went to see it yesterday. I liked it. It wasn't as good as the 1st one but still cute. I did laugh out loud a few times & I loved Donkey & Puss In Boots dancing during the credits.

Jared
12-09-2007, 10:47 AM
I know this movie came out months ago, but I finally saw "Shrek the Third" on DVD last night and figured I'd share my thoughts.

It was a good film, not a great one. I'm glad to see the major four actors decided to come back and have already signed on for the fourth and fifths installments of the franchise. Antonio Banderas and Eddie Murphy have also agreed to voice a spinoff starring Puss in Boots.

Unfortunately, I think the creators are running out of material. The first two pictures were funny because of how they honored and paid tribute to classic fairy tales. We all laughed out loud when we discovered the kingdom was called Far Far Away and when the Three Blind Mice were running around like idiots. I also loved the first two movies because of all the visual in-jokes and sight gags dotting virtually every scene.

"Shrek the Third" had some of that, but not as much. I laughed at loud when Rapunzel's hair was actually a wig and Sleeping Beauty passed out during an important scene. Even the villains bar where all the bad guys hang out at night was a fun and interesting concept.

But this film also relied on a lot of stock comedy, using slapstick to make audiences laugh because they've already seen the first two movies. Watching King Harold die three times followed by a funeral scene with a classic ballad playing in the background was unfunny and tasteless. Fiona was genuinely affected by her father's death, and the filmmakers turned what could've been a sweet, tragic moment into a stupid attempt at a laugh.

I don't need silly subplots and supporting characters that aren't adding anything. Seriously, Donkey and Puss in Boots switching bodies simply wasn't funny at all.

I'm not giving up on this character yet because I did see some good things in this film. Here's hoping the next one reverts back to the form of the first two, which truly were creative and inspired pictures.

baldburke
12-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Good response. I agree with your points. This is also probably why we haven't, and probably won't for some time, seen a Toy Story 3 even though Disney and Pixar had come to their senses and kissed and made up.

WDWFREAK101
12-20-2007, 08:43 PM
I don't understand. Shrek The Third came out last summer. Why is everybody saying it cam out just now?

ChipnDaleGal
12-21-2007, 05:31 AM
It was just released on DVD a few weeks ago.

WDWFREAK101
12-23-2007, 02:06 PM
oh. I thought they were talking about it's theatrical release.