PDA

View Full Version : Fruit for dessert ... tell me more

January-2007
04-17-2007, 11:31 AM
I've been reading some posts lately that mention being able to get fruit cups and the sort for dessert on the Dining Plan at some Counter Service places. Where? Also, as an example, we're staying at Pop Century. How will be know what we can get for a CS meal there, when there's so many things to choose from in the grab and go area? Thanks for any info you can share! :mickey:

glenpreece
04-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Well when we used the DP last sept and stayed at Pop the CS meal was any entrée (besides the ones they would swap for TS credits) so for example you could get a persoal pizza or I had a breaded chicken breast (huge/boneless) with fettucine alfredo or other options. Then you choose a beverage milk, juice, pop etc then you can pick anything from the dessert counter on the other side of the food court, ice cream, cake, cheesecake. But you couldn't have a fruit salad. That is considered a snack option so it doesn't count as a dessert, you can't even get it with bfast they will use a snack credit for it. As for at the TS places I was so full at Olivia's last year I just asked for a bowl of berries for dessert without any problem, I just couldn't stomach eating any more heavy/rich food. But I would never skip dessert at Kona. Ok now I am rambling. Hope this helped a bit.

wdw_bound
04-17-2007, 07:25 PM
On two different trips, we got the fruit salad option at the Electric Umbrella and Wolfgang Puck Express.

January-2007
04-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks for sharing your experiences! I just know I'm going to be one of those annoying people who don't know what's included when I get there so I'm trying to stay ahead of the game. At least since we're going during Free Dining maybe everyone will be like that? Is that a good thing...? :D

ldn324
04-19-2007, 10:45 AM
I was able to get fruit as my DDP dessert at Seasons food court in The Land.

We also got numerous fruit cups throughout the parks using our snack credits.

Kairi_7378
04-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Before you order at the CS restaurants, ask the CM what is included with the dining plan. They are happy to explain to you. It takes about 3 minutes to ask and it saves some confusion.

Fruit is available as a dessert at Electric Umbrella in Epcot. It's fresh fruit, not fruit in syrup, and tasty.