PDA

View Full Version : Disney Rewards Visa Questions

MMouse6937
04-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Hello there, I know this has been probably asked and answered to death but I'm a little slow on the uptake so bear with me: :blush:

Would like to use our rewards points for our upcoming Sept trip. I have heard there is a rewards card that they send to you. Should we request that now? If we do, can points be transferred right before our trip so that we can use all the points we've accrued up that point? How long does it take to get the card/points transferred?

I appreciate any info you all can provide or a link to more info. Thanks as always :mickey:

Tick-Tock
04-17-2007, 10:50 AM
You might want to wait until a little closer to your trip. It's only taken 2-3 weeks for me to get a card once requested, and you can transfer additional reward points online.

One reason for waiting is that the cards are only good for certain periods, and any unused points on them expire when they do. I recently requested a reward card, thinking it would be good into 2008, but it expires December 31, 2007. So if you wait for awhile, you'll be more likely to get a card good into 2008.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-17-2007, 11:23 AM
We are also going in September (21-30). We already ordered ours and it took about 2 weeks to get. Ours is good till December 2008. If you plan on using all your rewards for your trip you can order it now. I am a huge planner most of the time and wanted everything in place, lol.

Marilyn Michetti
04-17-2007, 11:43 AM
If you have points that come in after you get to WDW, you can just phone the 800# on the back of your card, and they will update and transfer on the spot.

Don't throw out your card after you get back. It can be re-loaded for your next trip.

MMouse6937
04-17-2007, 11:43 AM
We are also going in September (21-30). We already ordered ours and it took about 2 weeks to get. Ours is good till December 2008. If you plan on using all your rewards for your trip you can order it now. I am a huge planner most of the time and wanted everything in place, lol.

Thanks for your info, I am also a HUGE planner. I want to make sure we can use all the points on our trip. So you can transfer additional points online? If that's the case then I think I will order ours in a month or so and then just transfer shortly before we leave. Thanks for the info

Also, if anyone can verify that you can transfer additional points online, I would appreciate it.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

faline
04-17-2007, 12:17 PM
When you get a card now, it will be valid through December of 2008. You can continue to transfer accummulated points to the card until it expires. Remember, though, if any points are still on the card when the card expires, you will lose those points so make sure you have used all points on the card before the expiration date on the card.

illini
04-17-2007, 12:29 PM
I can verify that you can transfer them online *and* on the phone. I always transfer online right before we leave (after we've paid the balance), and again by phone during the trip. Not too crazy about the Disney Store anymore, so I like to make sure and use all our available points at WDW.

Beast_fanatic
04-17-2007, 09:16 PM
You might want to wait until a little closer to your trip. It's only taken 2-3 weeks for me to get a card once requested, and you can transfer additional reward points online.

One reason for waiting is that the cards are only good for certain periods, and any unused points on them expire when they do. I recently requested a reward card, thinking it would be good into 2008, but it expires December 31, 2007. So if you wait for awhile, you'll be more likely to get a card good into 2008.

Just to clarify, any card requested in any month of 2007 will expire at the end of 2008, so waiting until closer to the trip will not change the expiration date in this case. The expiration date is always the end of the following year.

Fortgoofy97
04-18-2007, 10:27 AM
I would suggest you order the card now with the minimum number of points transferred to the card. Then just before you are ready to leave transfer the remaining points to the card. This guarantees that you have the card before you leave. Last time we ordered a new card was 3 weeks before we left - card showed up 2 days into our trip. You never know about mail delays or weather problems! Better to have the card well in advance!!:cloud9:

sunshinegirl
04-18-2007, 10:29 AM
at least $20. So...if that is the case and you request now and earn another $19 am I correct to say you will not be able to get the remaining $19 until it reaches $20? I'm not sure if I am even explaining myself clearly, however, that is what the customer service person told me a few months ago.

Tick-Tock
04-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Just to clarify, any card requested in any month of 2007 will expire at the end of 2008, so waiting until closer to the trip will not change the expiration date in this case. The expiration date is always the end of the following year.

Well, I requested my card three weeks ago and got it last week, and it expires at the end of 2007. So somewhere there was a glitch.

Goofy Pluto
04-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Just so I'm clear, the card you get is just like a gift card, correct? Meaning the points you get are just like dollars? And you can use them at the Disney Store or any location at WDW? Thanks.

vamaggie
04-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Well, I requested my card three weeks ago and got it last week, and it expires at the end of 2007. So somewhere there was a glitch.

I would definately call the rewards folks and correct this. We ordered ours in Feb and it too expires 12/08. Maybe they sent you an old card and can send you a new one that won't expire so soon.

lindique
04-18-2007, 05:43 PM
at least $20. So...if that is the case and you request now and earn another $19 am I correct to say you will not be able to get the remaining $19 until it reaches $20? I'm not sure if I am even explaining myself clearly, however, that is what the customer service person told me a few months ago.
You only need to transfer $20 or more when you first order your card. Subsequent transfers (internet or phone) can be any amount $10 or more I believe.

faline
04-19-2007, 05:39 AM
Just so I'm clear, the card you get is just like a gift card, correct? Meaning the points you get are just like dollars? And you can use them at the Disney Store or any location at WDW? Thanks.

That's correct. It's the size of a credit card. You can use it just about everywhere at Disney World. We used our for dining and for purchases in shops. We used our most recent card to pay for most of one of our annual passes.

jans2kids
04-19-2007, 06:35 AM
Last summer a week before our trip we went to transfer our points to a card we had from the trip the year before and realized that the card had expired. We called the 800 number to see what we could do and the said that if they mailed it to us we would not get in in time. They said that they have a kiosk in Downtown Disney and to just go there with your Disney Visa card for proof of account and they gave us a new card with all our points added to it. It was a bit on an inconvienence but just to let anyone know that if problems occur they have onsite help for you.

Tick-Tock
04-19-2007, 11:11 AM
I would definately call the rewards folks and correct this. We ordered ours in Feb and it too expires 12/08. Maybe they sent you an old card and can send you a new one that won't expire so soon.

I thought about doing that, but we have two trips this year and I'll be using reward points like mad, so I'm not going to worry about it.

vamaggie
04-19-2007, 02:06 PM
I thought about doing that, but we have two trips this year and I'll be using reward points like mad, so I'm not going to worry about it.

Lucky you!!! We are going in Nov so any points you don't use in Oct we would be HAPPY to use in Nov!!!;) Enjoy both your trips!!!!