PDA

View Full Version : Dinner INSIDE The Haunted Mansion?

rastahomie
04-17-2007, 09:41 AM
I was searching for some youtube clips of the Haunted Mansion, and I saw a couple clips of people having dinner INSIDE the Haunted Mansion?

How was this possible? Do they still offer it?

Christine
04-17-2007, 09:53 AM
I sent you a PM...

Bruegge
04-17-2007, 10:00 AM
I sent you a PM...

I was kinda curious myself.... could you post here too??
I've got a friend who is a halloween nut... buys books ... has a coustume room in his house..visits all the haunted houses in town.. really knows equipment and new props.... what a great present for him..

Thanks.

Scott

jodijo
04-17-2007, 10:06 AM
I would like info too, please!

Christine
04-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Well, I just was not sure if I could post the link here or not. It is a link to Disney's website for a prior HM dinner.

I guess I can give it a try...

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/event_wdw3573.html

goofysbabe
04-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Please include me in on your info. This would be perfect for my DH and DS, they absolutely LOVE Halloween and all that it has to offer. This just happens to be one of DS favorite rides!!! Thanks so much.

Christine
04-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Please include me in on your info. This would be perfect for my DH and DS, they absolutely LOVE Halloween and all that it has to offer. This just happens to be one of DS favorite rides!!! Thanks so much.

See post above for website. I have no idea if they are still doing this or not...this is just 2004's "invitation".

ariel03
04-17-2007, 10:14 AM
I've seen a video on youtube where a couple had there anniversay celebration at The Great Movie Ride and each course of the meal was in a different part of the ride. I also saw some people having dinner in the Haunted Mansion movie set in MGM Studios when it was there. I guess if you have the money and willing to have it held after hours it's all yours. :thumbsup:

PM me if you want the link to the video of the haunted mansion movie set dinner movie from google video.

DizneyRox
04-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Most of what you probably see is Happy Haunt's Ball. I don't think it's still offered. Dinner in the mansion I think started in the thousands of dollars. For some reason I'm thinking it was around $2500 or so.

I've seen a lot of the "exclusive" merchandise offered up on eBay via various surplus dealers, so I'm guessing that it just wasn't all that popular (probably priced out of range of most people).

Another option is probably a Disney wedding. The sky is the limit there only limited by your budget.

A third option would be similar and that's just a themed event of your own. Often corporations WILL rent out sections of the parks (or the whole thing) for after hours events, etc. Again, the price is pretty high, which is why it's often corporate parties, etc.

So to summarize, $$$$$

wendy*darling
04-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Well, I just was not sure if I could post the link here or not. It is a link to Disney's website for a prior HM dinner.

It's OK to post a link to an "official" Disney site if it answers a specific question.
It's not allowed to post links to outside websites of any kind. Thanks for being cautious!

I also have heard of these types of affairs. everyone above is correct- official party (rare event, and expensive), private party, corporate party.
I know they had the HM event in Disneyland on occasion as well. I do not think it has been offered for several years now.

Katiebell
04-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Well, in 2004 the price was $2299.99, but it included a lot more than just that dinner: 2 nights at the GF, dinner at the GF, lunch at V&A, dinner inside the HM, a themed dinner and dessert reception another night, a buffet breakfast, commemorative gifts...wow, great thing for HM fans :D

Crow
04-17-2007, 08:09 PM
now that would b interesting!
so would dinner in GMR