PDA

View Full Version : A Whole New World: Trip Report 4/12-4/16

merlinmagic4
04-17-2007, 09:08 AM
We are still in Disney but I thought I'd start my trip report. I titled it "A Whole New World" because we did lots of new things, some of them pretty big for us! Also, it was my daughter's goal to meet Jasmine this trip.

Thursday April 12th-Friday April 13th: We got rear ended on our way to the airport. No damage and no one hurt. Our flight was delayed by over 2 hours due to the bad weather the east coast was having. Delta was great, though, and I would definitely fly them again. We arrived in Tampa at 1:30 am and our heads hit the pillows at Amerisuites at 2:45 am. We were up early (no sleeping in with a one year old) and on our way to Orlando by 10am. We checked into Vistana and spent some time at the pool after doing our shopping at WalMart.

Saturday April 14th: Ryan's First Birthday!! We were at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique by 8:45 for my daughter's appointment. I was confused about the packages. I wanted the crown package and thought she could dress up as a Pop Diva but that was only a hairstyle. So, we had some confusion but she ended up NOT getting a princess dress and just did the hair, makeup and nails. She loved it and I saved 130.00 plus some! My son decided not to do the Sea Raycers because you have to be 12 to drive. He was disappointed because he drives our boat at home but rules are rules......:( We spent some time at Disney Quest (four hours or so) and then headed to the Contemporary Resort for dinner at Chef Mickey's. This was WONDERFUL and everyone loved it. It was great having the baby's birthday there. We had a fantastic waiter named Chris and the character interaction was fabulous. They all came around more than once. We didn't get a cake. One of the CMs said it was a better idea to get the complimentary cupcake since the dessert bar was so extensive. We did and he was right! Loved sampling all the desserts:cloud9:

Sunday April 15th: We were planning on going to AK but changed plans due to the weather and no ADRs to hold us back.The weather was stormy this morning and they had a tornado watch in place until 5pm. Now, I'm not a tornado girl so it was worrying me a bit with the dark weather outside. However, it stopped raining and the sun came out so we headed to MGM around lunchtime. It was FREEZING outside (it's all relative!) and no one brought jackets but we had a great time. It warmed up eventually. MGM was fun. We walked right into an Indiana Jones show at 12:45. My husband and two older children fastpassed Star Tours and then we went to The Voyage of the Little Mermaid Show before heading back for their fastpass time. We also had only a 10 minute wait for the Great Movie Ride and Narnia (this was pretty lame if you ask me but I'm trying everything). We saw the Lights, Motors, Actions show at 5:30 and then we went home. It was too cold and windy for Fantasmic so we decided to skip it although it is my favorite show so far. So, a good day at MGM in the five and a half hours we were there. It was really busy but we didn't wait for the things we wanted to do. We skipped TOT and RNRC this time. I've actually never even seen them up close. We've never made it that far and always entered Fantasmic through the back gate! Maybe next trip........:blush:

Monday April 16th: We were slated for either a pool day or MGM today but the weather was cool so we decided to go to MK today instead of Tuesday. Holy cow was it busy!!!!!!!!! I have never seen so many people. The last time we went was August and it was nothing like that! We were there for about 8.5 hours and didn't get everything in that we wanted but we had a great day. We strolled through and took it easy, skipping things had terribly long lines.

We went straight to Adventureland and waited about 15 minutes for Aladdin. We got to see Jasmine and Aladdin on the ride ahead of us. We skipped Jungle Cruise and Pirates because of long lines and my son was dying to get to Frontierland! My big moment was actually doing Splash Mountain!!! We fastpassed it and had no wait. It was great! We got moderately wet. I had to buy the picture and we are still laughing hysterically about it!! My daughter and husband did BTMR.

We headed to Liberty Square and went on the Riverboat. We had never done that and enjoyed the views of the park. We had lunch at my favorite counter service, Columbia Harbor House. It was delicious as usual. We had another hysterical moment :D when we realized my husband had ordered fish sticks and not chicken fingers. It's probably only funny to us but I'll explain a bit: my son only eats pizza and nuggets and he commented on how good the chicken fingers were. My husband tried a bite of my daughters (after my son was finished) and realized they were fish sticks. We checked the slip and he had ordered the wrong number. So, my son, who never ever tries anything new had a new food today!!! I figured he was going to toss his lunch upon realizing that he ate fish but he was very calm about it and was actually even proud of himself I think! A big moment in our family:thumbsup:

We missed Fantasyland entirely. It was wall to wall people. Well, I spent 20 minutes in line for the bathroom but after that we left:D

We saw Toontown for the very first time. We saw Mickey and Minnie's houses and rode the Barnstormer. That was a quick ride!

We had fastpassed Buzz before heading to Toontown so we headed there next and got on with no wait. I love this ride and had missed it last time!

Next we passed through Adventureland again for our first Dole Whips (loved them) and I got to talk to a Make a Wish family while we were waiting. I hope they have a great trip. Loved the Dole Whip!

My husband tried to fastpass Splash again but it was not running. We tried to catch Jasmine but they had closed the line. The CM told us to come back in 20 minutes to get back in line for the last greet. We did and we finally met Jasmine which was one of the things my daughter really wanted to do). Jasmine, Aladdin, and the Genie were wonderful and really spend a few minutes with each girl. Worth the wait!

After that we left around 7 although we had wanted to stay for Spectromagic. Everyone was tired so we'll catch it another time. I just figure when we skip things, it's a good reason to go back and gives us new things to do each trip!

So, it was wildly busy but we had a GREAT, easy day. We didn't let the crowds stress us out. Some people were really stressed. I even heard a lady swearing :mad: !!

Oh, we met a man from our town in line for the ferry (my son had his football jacket on). Then we saw a teacher friend of my husband's on the same ferry, AND we saw my friend's mother in line at the bag check!!!

Tuesday April 17th: We were scheduled for Magic Kingdom today but we are having a pool day because the weather should be nice and hot today. A day of rest today!

Tomorrow we are thinking of Animal Kingdom since our Boma dinner is that night. Does that make sense? Our dinner is at 5.

Thanks for reading:D

January-2007
04-17-2007, 09:31 AM
Ohhh, fun! Sounds like you are having a great time! So glad to hear the weather and crowds aren't messing up your vaca, it's good to just take it easy some times. How jealous am I that you are there right now, and having a pool day, no less? It is so cold here! And yes, it makes perfect sense to do AK and then Boma at 5. Sounds perfect. Enjoy your trip, can't wait to read more! :mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
04-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Thaks for sharing your trip with us!:thumbsup: I am glad you are having a great time.

It is always a plus when the weather has cooperates for you. Thanks again for the report, we'll be joining you on Friday!:cloud9:

magicman
04-17-2007, 10:19 AM
I was worried when the trip started with a wreck on the way to the airport, but you guys did a great job of getting it back on track.

I'm hoping that the extreme crowds on Monday were due to people not being able to go to the parks on Sunday due to weather, and you won't have to battle wall-to-wall people for your entire trip. However, I will say that you got a lot out of your first two days PLUS you've accomplished the meet Jasmine goal.

Thanks for taking the time to write.:thumbsup: I'll be looking for your AK report.

sleepingbooty
04-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Oh, I just love live reports! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to share the goings on. Can't wait to read more!

pogo
04-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks for sharing with us. :D

pdrlkr
04-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

princessgirls
04-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the report Kelly!

Sounds like you had a great day in spite of the crowds and weather. If it is any consolation, where I am was just deluged with 6+ inches of rain and it is cold and windy!!

Great way to celebrate Ryan's birthday!!

I enjoyed reading.

Julie:mickey:

Bethis26fan
04-17-2007, 08:02 PM
sounds great

faline
04-18-2007, 08:49 AM
What a great attitude you have! No wonder you're having such a great time!

Sorry about the accident on the way to the airport. Sounds like things improved quite a bit after you arrived!

Your fish stick story is really funny! You may now have a fish eater on your hands!

imaprincess!
04-19-2007, 03:07 AM
I LOVE that your son ate fish sticks! My kids basically only eat pizza and chicken nuggets, so I can really appreciate your story! :funny:

ChipnDaleGal
04-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I think it is great when you can roll with the punches and change your plans according to the weather and still have a great time. And it does sound like your family is really enjoying the trip so far. I loved the fish stick story. I bet that will be told many times in the years to come. Thanks for sharing your fun with us. :mickey:

BelleCiavo
04-23-2007, 02:28 PM
I hope I can have your attitude about crowds and plans when we are there in May. Thanks for reporting :thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
04-23-2007, 06:09 PM
I loved reading your reports! Thanks for sharing them!:mickey: